Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Calipers

Old 08-23-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tweeters

haha.... no actually i dont have pics just yet.................... i really need to take some new pictures of my car and the new mods i've done to it but i just havent gotten around to it. my calipers are a very rich bright red and look excellent. i did two coats just to be sure everything would be alright, i've had it done for oh... about a month now and i've not had any chipping or anything at all. They stand out and i love em. I actually had a guy come into my work and ask me what brand my big brake kit was on my tiburon.... i just looked at the guy and kinda laughed, then told him i just painted the calipers. he said he has been beefin up cars for years and he honestly thought i had a big brake kit.

in all honesty i would recommend for everyone to do this to their car... its just a good addition especially if you have aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Beta 1 2.4L Engine head swap

in all honesty i would recommend for everyone to do this to their car... its just a good addition especially if you have aftermarket wheels.

my exact thoughts:

everything should come in wednesday. than my new shiny rotors from Majiktib go on all at once with the caliper paint and my xenon bulbs. and my mechanic will touch up some chipped paint and work on my mudguard (apparently it was destroyed during my acquaintance with the median :x )

all this done by this coming weekend! i will have pics. I reccomend every tib owner to do this because if you look at your stock rotors they look like rusty farmer tool shed sheit compared to these new sleek shiny rotors & paint. (newbies too) a coating of paint really makes your tib really stand out. especially because hyundai was gratuitous in throwing in 2 extra disc brakes & calipers into every tiburon tongue.gif
Old 08-23-2004, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Beta 1 2.4L Engine head swap

yah most definetely. the stock rotors and calipers look rusty...brownish...and plain nasty.

im going to paint my calipers black. i know nobody will be able to see them, or notice them, but its to go with the theme of my car...black. haha, i blacked out my hyundai emblems, smoked my taillights, tinted my car, and got black rims. so only natural for calipers to go black too... wink.gif
Old 08-24-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: new brakes squeak?

your car looks just plain bad ass tongue.gif you should name it "kit"!
Old 08-24-2004, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

I recommend that everyone paint there calipers. Whether you have rims or not, just cause it 1) Looks better. and 2) Brake dust cleans off better from the painted calipers.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: car audio CRAP!!!!

hey for every1 that used the duplicoulor kit to paint their calipers...you have to fully remove the caliper in order to paint it rite? and how long does it take for the paint to dry and for it to be ready to be put back on?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Calipers

i didnt.... took the wheel off... masked off the parts i didnt want painted... then just had at it. i didnt paint the backside of the caliper cuz nobody see's that part of the caliper. honestly its a very easy thing to do.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Calipers

i reccomend taking calipers off so the paint doesn't chip off fromt he back side. also, pain weill prevent rust. 8)
Old 08-24-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

how long did it take to dry cdog?
Old 08-25-2004, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: car audio CRAP!!!!

I didn't bother taking my calipers off. I just took the wheels off and painted the stuff on, getting as much ofthe caliper I could see. the paint dries by the time you get back around to do the next coat. I think the rcommended dry time is 24 hours before driving. But it dries to touch in like 15- 20 minutes!!!