Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Caliper Upgrade For Stock Size Rotors

Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I was just wondering, since the aftermarket has moved a lot in the last years for Hyundai, not only have we more reliable suppliers, but also more parts, is there any possible upgrade to our brake calipers?

For example this one:
Aluminum big piston caliper
(Im not blind and I can read, I know it's for the GK; but since they are for 11" rotors...)

Any chance they could be used? Maybe adapting mounting hardware for the caliper?

I ask because I am curious about a possible performance upgrade and also because I am getting tired of my calipers generating a very anoying sound more and more often (I take it to maintenance and change the caliper bolts really often) but the maintenance which is not much more than applying caliper thick grease and every other time changing caliper bolts, lasts for a few months and then it's back...
Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

well Denisst sell a big brake kit 11" disc with aluminum caliper twin piston all part are from another car just need a braket to fit them smile.gif
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

1. your calipers shouldnt be making noise more and more often. oem calipers are cheap, i suggest you find some at a junkyard from a tib or elantra and swap them.

2. those calipers wont work with stock sized rotors, although they will mount to the stock mounting points fine. those were oem on gk tibs in canada, which come with like a 276mm rotor as opposed to our stock ~250mm rotor size.