Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brembo Vented Rotors Question

Old 10-19-2002, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Vented Rotors Question

Just curious as to if anyone has ordered them. I got a set for my fronts but they don't match up. I got em off Nopi.com Just wondering if anyone else had them and i was just overlookin something. Otherwise shipped back they be goin.

Thanks for help and opinions..
Old 10-21-2002, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Plz define "dont match up"?
Old 10-21-2002, 05:18 AM

Im gonna take a crack at this.

As far as i know brembo only makes rotors for the older tibs & elantras which have captive rotors. They dont fit anything after 99 for tibs, or 98 for elantras.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:00 AM

Kinalyx:
Im gonna take a crack at this.

As far as i know brembo only makes rotors for the older tibs & elantras which have captive rotors. They dont fit anything after 99 for tibs, or 98 for elantras.
The BREMBO website does have rotors listed for 99-01 Tiburons.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:08 AM

Have no fear they are goin back to where i got them. Having the originals ground to non warped state, and will wait to get something worth the trouble when i get a round to it again. rolleyes.gif
Old 10-21-2002, 08:46 AM

Kate:
Have no fear they are goin back to where i got them. Having the originals ground to non warped state, and will wait to get something worth the trouble when i get a round to it again. rolleyes.gif
Next time you order, be sure to mention that your model year Tiburon has the NON-CAPTIVE rotors, (where the rotor is separate from the hub). I played e-mail tennis with Strano Parts because the company they dealt with did not know what year Tiburons had the CAPTIVE and NON-CAPTIVE set ups.

You can check www.stranoparts.com and www.kvrperformance.com.

KVR has cross-drilled rotors for $130 (front) and $106 (rear).

Stranoparts has solid rotors which can be cross-drilled for an extra $20, (which I would not recommend), for $65 (front) and $68 (rear).

The reason I wouldn't recommend the cross-drilled option is because the rotors are drilled after they are manufactured which can weaken them, (not to exact specs), as they would be at the factory.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:00 AM

*Bows down to the Hootie* Mucho thanks for help! So while i have your attention, do you know anything about the Wave Rotors. I can't find a link at the moment. But they are basically not rounded edges.. Lemme know if you have no idea what i'm talking about. Thanks again!!
Old 10-21-2002, 12:19 PM

Kate:
*Bows down to the Hootie* Mucho thanks for help! So while i have your attention, do you know anything about the Wave Rotors. I can't find a link at the moment. But they are basically not rounded edges.. Lemme know if you have no idea what i'm talking about. Thanks again!!
You are welcome. Just use www.hootie.com for all of your internet seach needs.

I have seen them before and they seem a bit gimmicky. I'm sure they would look great on a show car but by just looking at them, I honestly don't see how the rolling edge would help in braking. Plus I am sure they would be quite expensive.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:02 AM

Booooo.....KVR sucks

I have their slotted rotors with semi-metalic carbon fiber pads. The pads wore out @ under 20,000 miles, were supposed to dust less but provided more brake dust than before, the rotors warped easily after 6 months!

I tried contacting KVR myslef, and the "president" treated his customers like inferior children! I posted the info and conversations on a few message boards, and he registered on a few and threatend me over the email! Good company, no.

Now I have some semi metalic lifetime brake pads from autozone for $29.99 and they will last forever. Provide great breaking, less duts, and I'll never have to buy a set again. For Rotors, I chose Stillen as they are non corrosive as Brembos.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:29 AM

croat:
Booooo.....KVR sucks :mad

I have their slotted rotors with semi-metalic carbon fiber pads. The pads wore out @ under 20,000 miles, were supposed to dust less but provided more brake dust than before, the rotors warped easily after 6 months!
Carbon Fiber brake pads aren't made to last a lifetime. Their lifespan is significantly shorter than regular brake pads. Also, in regards to the rotors, most people that I know that have aftermarket rotors gave me 3 recommendations: WILLOWOOD, BREMBO and KVR.

I tried contacting KVR myslef, and the "president" treated his customers like inferior children! I posted the info and conversations on a few message boards, and he registered on a few and threatend me over the email! Good company, no.
All of my e-mails have been responded to in 24 hours. I even questioned them on some negative claims about their products and they were more than forthcoming with information. Maybe you caught them on a bad day.

[ October 22, 2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Hootie ]