Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brand New Big Brake Kit Available

Old 02-06-2006, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

If you can keep this under 500 dollars you already have a buyer.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Looks great man!! And yes if it were somewhere around the $500 mark I would consider it. I'm wondering about the long term effects though... Wouldn't a bigger brake disc cause the studs on our hubs to crack off? I mean we only have 4 lugs and a brake of that size would rip those things right off one day.

Also, how would this affect ABS?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont think the studs would be able to get ripped off. if you can lock up the brakes with the stock system without worrying about the studs, id say they are fine.

most bbks actually decrease the weight over the stock brakes. instead of cast iron calipers, they use billet aluminum, and instead of a full cast rotor, they use two peice rotors with aluminum hats. the bigger rotor/hat usually ends up around the same weight as the stock rotor, but you save a bunch more weight with the much lighter caliper.

this is still a pretty good idea though, as it will be much cheaper, and you will be braking a lot quicker. it would probably make up for its heavier weight on a course with its increased braking ability. plus it would look b****in.

i still want to know about those rotor hats though. if you could, could you find out something for me?

8x7.00" rotor bolt pattern (threaded)
hat offset < 1.00"
4x4.5" lug pattern drilled

these are the last things i need for a project of mine, i just dont want to spend 130 per hat for wilwood ones.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

There is absolutely no chance of ripping of the lugs. Don't forget that a large part of braking is offset by the friction between the wheel and the rotor. Ever take off your wheels after they've been on there a while? Your wheels are actually so stuck on the rotors that sometimes you have to tap them with a rubber hammer to get them off.

Tibby01-
I'll definitely check into the rotor hats for you.

If you are all about maximum performance, we can make the kit lighter, but of course the cost will increase. We're in the process of adapting some Wilwood calipers, which would be cost effective for you to buy the exact model we specify in the states. We already have Brembo F40 and F50 (same as Ferrari F40&F50 calipers) calipers available, but the cost would increase significantly. If you have the money, we can really take it to whereever you want to go. My only reason for suggesting the XG calipers was for the kit to be cost effective. Here's a pic with the Brembo F40s on. On a braking scale of 1 to 150, 80 would be our stock setup, 100 with XG calipers and 11" rotors, 130 with XG calipers and 12.6" 2piece rotors, and 150 adding the Brembos.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:54 PM

im interested. keep us posted and whenever you're ready...i'll be down if its not really expensive.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Any rough estimate on what it will be with the XG calipers and 12.6 inch rotors?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Start throwin out some prices for set of two-piece slotted 12.6" rotors with brembos

and 12.6" slotted rotors with XG's.

and just the 12.6" slotted rotors.

Quick question. I wondered which way is the correct way to mount rotors for faster heat dissipation. In the photo above, the front fo the car is to the left? correct?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:05 PM

I should have some rough pricing within 24 hours.

Generally speaking you'll want the slots starting from the inside, moving toward the outside. This will save the life of your brake pads. The pic above was of a rear passenger side brake kit from my friend's toyota supra. The front is toward the right.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM

^^^
i always heard the lines should point in the direction your going to help the heat...

does it really matter? ur saying it should point the opposite way right?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM

It won't make a big difference either way. The wheel on the supra I posted will spin clockwise when driving forward.