Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brand New Big Brake Kit Available

Old 02-06-2006, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tibster

Hi all, I thought I'd share my newest modification to my car. I recently added a new brake kit with 2 piece rotors, which are extremely lightweight and 2 piston XG Calipers (stock calipers are only 1 piston). I had already upgraded to the XG 11" rotors and calipers a couple years ago, but I decided to take my braking to another level since I've been doing a lot of mountain racing. The great thing about this kit is you can still use your goodridge SS lines, which I have. Brake responce is insane. In a couple weeks I'll have my 4 piston Wilwood calipers mounted for even more braking power.

The first pic compares the 10" stock rotor to the 11" XG rotor to the 2 piece Xtreme Rotor (12.6")

Here's a pic of my 11" setup - already an inch bigger than stock.

Here's my car with the XG calipers and 12.6" rotors.

Here are the rotors closer up. They are directional and dissapate heat very quickly

If there's enough interest, I may be able to start a group buy on these. Oh yeah, 17" rims are a must with this kit.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:20 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Wow.... beautiful. I go mountain racing more than I should, I feel you on the need for breakin power. One time my rotors were glowing red (and they are 10" drilled/slotted). I would LOVE to have the two-piston XG calipers with 12.6" slotted rotors. DAYUM, those loook hott TOO!!!

Oooo, I want em. How hard was it to install the XG Calipers? And what do you have to do to make the 4-piston calipers work? Anything need to be done to the master cylinder? proportioning valve?

And have you done anything to the rear brakes?

I would definetly be interested. I dunno about the 4-piston calipers (I kow how expensive those get), but maybe a set of two 12.6" slotted rotors (abd painted) rotors would be nice. I could find XG calipers easy enough.

DAMN man, thanks for postin' you have motivated me to take MY brakes to the next level. fing02.gif
Old 02-06-2006, 02:31 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai tiburon 1.6 TURBO

do you have to change something in the BRAKE pump system?¿

where do you buy the 2 piston calipers and 12" rotors? i need them
Old 02-06-2006, 04:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

How much would this cost. Im interested.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:29 AM

me too. Very interested. But does this only work for tibs with non-captive brakes? Or could you get a captive kit also?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

only problem with the xg calipers are that they are insanely heavy. like 10 lbs. heavier than stock calipers, and thats unsprung weight. rough equivalent will be like adding 200 normal lbs. to your car.

only thing im interested in are the rotor hats. how much were they?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Random said that you could still use the stock 15" alloy RD2 rims with the XG rotors. Are you sure you can't?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm interested in a kit that would fit under 16's.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

Wow, looks like interest is pretty high!

The install is VERY easy. It's a direct bolt on. Take off wheel, remove caliper (2 bolts), remove rotor, reverse the steps adding a caliper braket and bleed your new calipers and you're done!

I can supply all the parts in a group buy and customize kits - ie, if you can find XG calipers by yourself. Pricing will depend on how many members we can get to join the GB.

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Feb 6 2006, 09:45 PM)
only problem with the xg calipers are that they are insanely heavy. like 10 lbs. heavier than stock calipers, and thats unsprung weight. rough equivalent will be like adding 200 normal lbs. to your car.

They are heavier, but just about ALL big brake kits will be heavier than our stock units. You have to determine what your tuning goals are. If you're only concerned with drag racing with minimal stopping requirements, keep your stock setup. They're good for 1 good stop from 100-0 mph, then they start to fade. If you want some balance, 2-piece rotors are the way to go since they save significant weight compared to regular cast rotors. The look of a big brake kit is also a great appeal. There are always trade-offs when it comes to car tuning.

XG Calipers will NOT work with US spec RD2 wheels. I bought a set being told that they would fit, but they needed more offset. As a result I had to run on spacers for a week before my new 17" wheels arrived. I took a pic, back in the day. Keep in mind this was with the 11" rotor.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Feb 6 2006, 09:57 PM)
I'm interested in a kit that would fit under 16's.

The reason I stated 17s were required was to leave some safety margin. I have just under 1/2" from my caliper to my wheels and I'm running 17s. That being said, not all wheels were created equal. Some 16" wheels will fit, but we'd have to get some measurements to confirm.

Pricing is still in the works as this product was just released.