Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brake Rotors

Old 09-20-2006, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

My rear passenger wheel I'll say is squeaking when I let my car sit for a while. It squeaks for about half a block and stops. Now, I work at the fine establishment of AutoZone, but I figured I'd ask you guys before going on a parts spree. I'm thinking either my rotor could be warped, or wheel bearing...
Old 09-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

If the pad is still good it could be that the rotor is warped or simply that you have too much brake dust & gunk built up around the pads.

Try removing the pad & caliper then liberally spray brake cleaner everywhere. Put it back together & hopefully that'll be enough to get rid of the squealing. If it doesn't work, get a shop to machine the rotor.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

i agree with him...also make sure that you bleed your brakes also

not to get off subject i had the same problem with front's and my pad were brand new...needed new rotors cause they were machined last time...long story short i did the same thing OZFXCoupe said to do and it worked...no noise and know it brakes way better
Old 09-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: car

I know there's no air in the lines, the lines were bled recently. I really hope it's not the rotor... through my store
rear rotors are 70$... 17.gif I can always get them cut too. The rear pads were recently replaced by the last owner, records to prove it. The thing is, I can't figur out those back calipers. How do they come off? The fronts were simple but the rears were different.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

you have to take off the e-brake line first and then it was just like the fronts
Old 09-21-2006, 05:11 AM

Bearings don't squeak.

Get a service done on your calipers and check the pads. Or do it yourself if you know how.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i am having rear brake problems too and when i remoed the back calipers i just unbolted the 2 bolts and took them off just like the front. nothing special at all. even though i replace rear pads it still squeeks when i go anthing over 40 so im thinking it might be time to get some new rotors. i really hope that would fix problem.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

if it helps, when you remove the caliper, remove the lower bolt only, then 'slide-up' your caliper for easy re-installation when you're done.

If you take out the caliper altogether, I found it to be rather difficult to put them back on