Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brake pad/references

Old 09-28-2004, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: exhaust sound

I'm having difficulties finding a good brake pad source so I can finally put on my racing rotors...etc. Does anybody have any references to any website that I could get good pads from, parhaps from experience? Some that don't wear yet don't cause rotor warp? Knowing that OEM pads tend to warp stock rotors anyways, they are not designed to handle drilled/slotted rotors. Hyundaiperformance.com has KVR's. I don't know how those handle. Really want to get this over with... Any reference will be greatly appreciated! tongue.gif

Speaking of references, I truly think to prevent these kinds of posts, we should positively have a thread or section on RDTiburon for references, links, any type of place to get your "secondary" parts from, such as posting links to websites where you can get rims from, lighting, pads, bars, tires, Intakes... not primary parts like Speed-Factor, Kspec, or Real Engineering, but a simple thread for references. (I should post this to site suggestions, but while I'm here...)

Thanks RD!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:06 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: 500 MEMBERS!!! *Whore it up for the week!*

http://www.rdtiburon.com//index.php?name=F...viewtopic&t=651

Check this out there is a link here for EBC Greenstuff pads, they have been talked about quite a bit not sure if you checked them out yet but I read good things about them.

I agree that we should have a link section for little things like this.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: for your viewing pleasure

Since there are no race level pads available commercially for our cars, you can't get anything truely designed to use with slotted/drilled rotors. SO the question is, how much money to you want to spend replacing brake pads once/year?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: ACT or Clutchnet

/ / ___ Good point blue. Just go to Canadian Tire/Pep Boys/Autozone and get some performance pads. Unless your running 12s or fast lap times, then I wouldn't worry too much about "great" pads
Old 09-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Custom Diamond Plate Mats

as for references HKC....there IS a link section....its near the bottom of the box on the left of the home page.

Anyone can submit links. As long as there is Something on the submitted site for RD's or even just hyundais in general it should be approved.

Also, feel free to put some posts in the "REFERENCE" forum ;-) its right under DIYs in the Maintenance Section. That is what its there for.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Unofficial RDTib Females Thread *pics*

..wow thanks guys! thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! RDTIburon didn't leave anything out! --why I love this site is because everything was thought of tongue.gif

...one more question. apart from considering spending money on these perforemance pads from say pepboys, will they be more "gentile" on your rotors than OEM pads under normal driving conditions? because naturally, i'm more afraid of long-term damage to my performance rotors than i would ever be with stock!