Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brake Lights Stuck

Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
kcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brake lights are stuck on as if I am riding the brakes. I played with the light switches and pumped the brakes a few times but still nothing. I had to disconnect my battery to get them to go off. I took a look where the pedals are and the steering column is right in front of the brake pedal so its hard to see. Does anyone know where the switch is that turns your brake lights on when the pedal is depressed? Because I think it may be sticking or broken. Thanks guys. (oh and ftr I searched before posting this and if I didn't search hard enough please direct me to the post.)
Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its right behind the pedal.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you try looking on webtech for a wiring diagram?

im not sure exactly but i would assume the switch should just be behind the pedal under the dash, i think i've seen mine there

otherwise your wires could've gotten crossed or a relay went bad

edit: ericy beat me to it
Old 01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
kcr

Hmm ok. I'm going back to the garage, I'll let you know what happens.

Fixed! Its a pressure switch that is integrated into a screw that makes contact with the petal when it returns. (brakes off) Well, my pedal didn't return 100% so it barely pushed the switch in so the lights stayed on. A small adjustment of the pedal return fixed it!

Fixed! Its a pressure switch that is integrated into a screw that makes contact with the petal when it returns. (brakes off) Well, my pedal didn't return 100% so it barely pushed the switch in so the lights stayed on. A small adjustment of the pedal return fixed it!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice job. Closing this since its fixed. I think you took care of using enough explanation to find this in a search in the future.

If this needs to be reopened, PM me or another mod