Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Betcha None Of U Guys Have This Many

Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a total of 12 wheels at one point. Now I have 8. Its a bit ridiculous. Especially when you really dont have anywhere to store them.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:29 PM

see the thing is... its not really paint i dont think... its the clear coat that they put on aluminum wheels (the lips on em)... it may still work but then i have no idea what to put back on the rim to keep the aluminum sealed... any ideas there?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Apr 17 2006, 07:08 AM)
I've got about 6-7 stockers in my garage. 2002blackGT has like 18 wheels that came with the Tib he bought. lmao.gif

True story cool.gif

I've got 14 spare '97 stockers (minus wheel caps) all stacked up the my garage. I'm gonna use 4 to mount some street tires to and try to get rid of the other 10 lol. Anyone know if those are any lighter than the RD2 stock 15 inch rims?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

jaws's wheels come polished. not to mention forged too.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (cdogtibby1 @ Apr 17 2006, 01:29 PM)
see the thing is... its not really paint i dont think... its the clear coat that they put on aluminum wheels (the lips on em)... it may still work but then i have no idea what to put back on the rim to keep the aluminum sealed... any ideas there?

they sell cans of clear coat at walmart but it won't look as good as if you had it professionally done. it would probly cost $25/tire to have it done after you polish them.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn man, lotts wheels. glad to see they are in a garage instead of out in an un-mowed lawn. lmao.gif

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
I had a total of 12 wheels at one point. Now I have 8. Its a bit ridiculous. Especially when you really dont have anywhere to store them.

The trick is to find useful reasons to place all your car parts that won't fit in your garage (or lack of garage) in your house/home.

Be resourceful and utilize what you have! wink1.gif I've found stock wheels (or aftermarket) cleaned make good "seats" when a stocker seat (or leather seats from another car) are placed on top of them. Rear seats make a nice love seat when something is found to prop up the back.

Drilled/Slotted Rotors flipped upside down make good fruit trays for the kitchen.

Shark Spoilers (and stock spoilers) make good bookshelves when placed on the back of a desk.

Hollowed out giant folger-can mufflers make for good (and stylish) trash cans in the kicthen when a bottom is added. (get creative and add a flip top lid, lmao...)

oh and my favorite, the intake tubing with a throttle body on the end and a funnel attached after the throttle body...

^^awesome and free beer bong.

i'll take a look around my house and see what the hell else me and the roomies have done, haven't spent on dime on furniture! wink1.gif Uhh... We're like new age Martha Stewarts with less jailtime and more alcohol...

:???:
Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OMFG you rock patreezy lmao.gif

if you have chock blocks, you may be able to make a few rocking chairs out of the wheels and stock seats.
Then the rest of them can be stacked one on top of another with a sunroof on top for a table
Old 04-22-2006, 10:59 AM

between my 2 tibs, and the sonata, i have over 20 varied wheels. wink1.gif i just sold my crx, i had 8 wheels for that alone.