Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Best strut bars?

Old 02-24-2005, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, the juntos bar looks stangely similar to the ARK bar..........brakets and everything.

and my AOS/Motoria bar has BY FAR the best brackets, best designed and they ARE thick (Look good too wink1.gif ), if it wasn't snowing I'd go measure for ya.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:09 AM

Put down the bong dude. Here is the ark bar and it doesnt look anything like the juntos one.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:30 AM

Not sure what the ARK bar is made from, but the Juntos is made from a combination of material. Ask Rick, he'll explain. smile.gif
I forget all the stuff wink1.gif
Once I installed it, it's like Ron Popel, "SET IT, and FORGET IT" laughing.gif
Old 02-24-2005, 08:02 AM

QUOTE (UltraTibby)
Put down the bong dude. Here is the ark bar and it doesnt look anything like the juntos one.

Actually it looks similar...
I have two sets of bars from SR (both front and rear). The first set is the one known as kingsafe (mines did even come with the kingsafe sticker on them) and are matte finished and have like like shoulders on the edges. Rear one is round and matte also.
The second set of bars are both F&R polished, the rear one is just like the first but polished, and the other one looks exactly as this ARK (ARK... sh... shARK... SHARK... mmmm....) but it has the Shark Racing logo on top (it's a shame I had'nt discovered Kspec by that time).
My guess is many stores are selling the same bar under different brands... the AOS and Moteria however are out of any doubt different, and IMO they look better than what I have now.
The bar I have is very light and seems to be solid, I can't be sure though, is the Juntos bar heavy and/or solid?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Zman)
is the Juntos bar heavy and/or solid?

Yes, it is
Can't say for the ARK one though
And, NO I'm not going to take my bar off and weight it.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:15 AM

QUOTE ("UltraTibby")
Put down the bong dude.

.....I wasn't smoking, nor was I high when I posted that. See below.

ok guys here it is. The only difference I can see between the Juntos bar and the ARK bar is the FINISH (well, the juntos bar also looks like their logo is etched in...but thats not very hard to accomplish)

yes, this one is Upside down.

As you can see the bar looks exactly the same, except for the chrome or polished finish ILO matte silver.

Basically OP, As far as I am concerned, it comes down to the Kspec Bars and the AOS/Motoria bars.
Go with the Kspec ones if you don't care how they look, the brackets are well designed, and the bar is very stiff (Im basing that on my rear bar).

Go w/ an AOS/Motoria bar if you would like to have a nice looking and well performing bar w/ (IMO) overbuilt brackets.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:17 AM

I was going off of the pics of the Juntos bar installed. On that one there is only 2 bolt holes on the mount. The one that you posted does look just like the SR, ARK and kSpec one.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:26 AM

yeah, the brackets are different, but the bar itself is the same.

The brackets for the ARK bar are probably semi-universal (made to fit on a couple other makes and models) While the juntos brackets look like they were made specifically for our chassis, so they should work on both 1st and 2nd gen tibs and the elantras that were share the chassis with.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:29 AM

Personally I was only about 75% impressed with the kSpec rear bar. The biggest thing that I did not like was that on the brackets where the bar attached is slotted so it can sit 1/2 inch higher. It makes it a pain to install and get to look correctly and I am sure it must lose some of its functonality from flexing those open holes.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:34 AM

hmmm, I dont remember that being the case on mine....I'll take a look and see if I can get a pic of it this weekend, but only if i dont have to pull any of the trim out to do so.