Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

anyone know anything about dean tires?

Old 09-29-2004, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: coupe emblems?

well my unc is getting my a set of dean equus 195/55 r15, I know they are owned by cooper tire, just wondering if anyone had heard anything about them, etc.

sweet deal though, all three installed for...60x4=240 laugh.gif

edit: looks like they are usually 70 + shipping - http://www.vulcantire.com/equusdir_t.htm

dean tires link
Old 09-30-2004, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: Belleville,Illinois

i used to work at a shop that the main tires they sold were dean, there ok tires nothing special, good tread wear rating, so they last a while, good traction in weather conditions, for the price there deceant tires, not performance AT ALL!!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Getting Car turbo ready

well hopefully they won't be too bad. that vulcan tire store has em listed as high performance...

anyways it's no bid deal, I'm hoping to get new wheels/tires next year so hopefully these will only be winter tires laugh.gif
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: new rotorpros on

I had some Deans.. I didnt especially like them.. Mine were VERY noisy, and their grip isnt the best.. Mine broke apart before they wore down too 02.gif I got Kumho 711's in the same size and they are 1000000 times better, and we all know the 711's arent the best in the world ;/
Old 10-11-2004, 06:51 PM

Default average whp turbo question

well I've got em on and man they look sweet!! I'll get some pics up soon. laugh.gif

I'm sure other tires might have had a little better performance but these are just the stockies anyways and I got an awesome price on these laugh.gif

btw, they are 150 speed rated tires, does that really mean anything performance wise or just the have to be able to handle speeds that fast?
Old 10-11-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

Not exactly, usually high speed ratings come in a good tire, because it would be weird to have a very high speed rating tire with a very low grip; but that rating only means the tire is not going to desintegrate itself from the steel belts to the rubber band when rolling at that speed, nothing else.
Beleive it, I blowed the OEM tires on my wife's Elantra (shitty 175/75 14 SR Kuhmo's) because we made a trip to a far destination in a very good road at 180 Km/h steady. Luckyly I felt something going on at one corner, reduced speed and begun to feel bump-bump-bump on one tire, we stopped a few meters ahead and when I stopped the tire was on the floor, it broke from one side to another, as if it had been cut. :?
But then we got a good set of GoodYear's Eagle F1 bang for the buck at that moment.