Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Alignments

Old 07-28-2016, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Alignments

Why hasnt car manufacturers come out with electronic computerized wheel alignment? Think about it....having sensors to monitor the alignment so that it always keeps it on the correct specs and if your alignment gets thrown off, the computer automatically fixes it. yeah yeah I know it's just something extra that could break and cost a fortune to fix or it wouldnt be helpful for people who lower their cars or race. But for a daily car that will always stay stock, I can see that being really good for people. There has to be someone else on here that believes the same thing as me. Raise your hand
Old 07-28-2016, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib

I wouldnt mind having something like that on my car if it was new and I planned to do nothing at all to it.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You are talking about forces that require the strongest joints on the entire vehicle just to resist the normal forces exerted . . . and then making them a moving part. That sh*t would break constantly, or be so big and heavy it would be stupid. It's like a half dozen nuts and bolts, and they don't *NEED* to be adjusted very often. Nobody mass-produces self-adjusting alignment because it would be silly to do so.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

^That.

It is possible to design an all-mechanical suspension that keeps your tires in mostly optimal contact with the road throughout the suspension's travel. That's most of the difference between a great handling car and a reasonably decent handling car.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Or; just get a lifetime alignment deal when it goes on sale; then ignore their upselling when you take it in for another check/alignment.