Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

ADR Competition 17"

Old 02-24-2005, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

i love the style, not the color. i am not a fan of black rims..just imo though, find them in hypersilver :-D
Old 02-24-2005, 10:08 AM

I think they look good Java.

Usually I'd recommend 16" vs. 17", BUT, since you are in FL and most of the roads are flat, and since the temps rarely dip down to freezing, you don't have to deal with all the pot holes that those of us living further north have to deal with, I say go for them.

And black rims go well w/ red cars IMO. Especially ones w/ some tint.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

All what things? I have been able to buy a few things lately cause of my tax return and stuff. It feels good to finally be able to do things to my car.

LOL whoops, wrong reply for the wrong topic!!! that was supposed to be for the resonator topic. sounds like i'm being an @$$!!

okay...java you might want to watch out for the spokes. my best friend bought rims with spokes that are tucked under the actual outer rim. drove over some potholes/bumps and bent the heck out of them all. i drove my rims on potholes and hole-potted speedbumps harder than him and my rims are fine. you might want to buy a rim with spokes that go all the way out. it looks way better, performs better, and looks bigger.

i'm not going to compete with wheelsnext. they have some sick deals and nice rims. you don't want to regret a thing like that! so, my advice is to photochop as much as possible. spend some time with the rims, and have a picture or printout to carry with you in your wallet so you can ask your friends or people at work what they think. that helps a lot. ...not to mention these forums.

personally, your car looking almost exactly like mine, i would not go with those rims because the spokes are tucked in. when they are like that they are more likely to bend if they're 17'. they look nice on hondas, nasty on tibs.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I just went through there and looked for something with spokes that are not tucked in. I can't find anything! I called them up and they add $100 to the price for mounting and balancing them, which seems kind of strange to me since they are sold as a package. So the total price on them will be $699. Can you point me to some similar rims elsewhere?
Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 PM

dragon charged me $20 for balancing and that's it. i also paid another $20 for lug + key.

wheelsnext has got the selection... that's for sure. but the final price isn't the final price. i will help you with some choices later tonight. the main thing is find a company that you like and look at their selection. you definitely have to find one that will match the car well.. you don't want to be spending too much on rims.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:47 PM

A $100 to mount and balance is expensive considering that Discount Tire will mount and give you a lifetime balance for around $60.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I like them Java, def get the hyper black. It'll look hot with your headlights.

As for finding a place to get them from. I dunno, those places sound real cheap and easy IMO.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:16 PM

actually you never want to buy from a retail as their prices are the highest, unless you're loaded with cash and you want rims ASAP not caring about price.

someone find a website that is better than these two and i will even regret doing my research.

BSA series and Rev series. they should have a few choices that you might like... i can't post all of them right now because my computer crashed.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, you know my feelings on 17's, Random taught me the way of 16's.

LOL The ride will suffer some for sure.

The rims look good, but what's the weight?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Yeah, I was looking at the 16" in rims but couldn't find anything that interested me. If I can't find anything soon I am just going to order two replacement tires for the bad ones. I am just tired of the RD2 rims....