Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

adjustable suspension

Old 10-01-2001, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default adjustable suspension

Has anyone installed or messed with an adjustable suspension(air-bags or hydraulics). I was thinking about getting airbags for my tib but i was wondering if they will withstand -30 below 0 temperatures here in Montana. dzmotorsports.com offers a kit that uses your stock struts...Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

[EDIT:]fixed title. redturbulance, please edit your own posts in the future rather than creating a second post.[/edit]

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 10-01-2001, 07:01 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

You might want to ask show&lo but I think you shouldn't have any problems with the bags in the cold wheather. I have heard that in cold climates that the eletronic cylnoids might freeze but I don't know if that is true. But it doesn't make sense that you could use your stock struts. It means like you would get a better ride out of aftermarket ones. But maybe you can use them until you are able to replace them to get a better ride out of them. But I would go with air cylinders instead of bags.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:14 AM

I emailed them about that and hopefully they are sending me some information but it says they have hyundai applications.

By this i assume they make it so the bags slide over the hyundai struts which i would assume that the elantra and the tiburon use the same size struts so it will be somewhat universal but unique to hyundai struts.

If you want to see an install on their product check out the current issue of Lowrider Euro---they showed how to put them onto a ford probe. It looked pretty damn easy.

I'm still looking into some information about the weather issue since i have to drive my beautiful new car during the winter.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2001, 12:55 AM