Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Accent brake swaps

Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T

Originally Posted by Stocker
^ That sucks. Did you even bother searching for "captive rotor swap"?

I was going for a little bit of a chuckle there.. Yes, there are only 3 pages that return results under the Tiburon forum, no answer obviously. Also, within the Brakes forum there are several.. 30+ pages with a return on "captive".. I'm 15 pages deep and so far, no answer.

I can sure as hell tell you there isn't an answer over on Hyundai Performance.. combed through that plenty already.

Really hard to find across google the answer to "What exact parts will I need to do a captive to non-captive swap on my 1998 Tiburon and from what car do I need to pull them from?"..

All THREE of the junkyards here are a decent drive from me.. and Zero of them have any tiburons. Elantras and Accents a plenty though.. but I'd rather go out there knowing what I'll need off of which cars instead of just "hoping" I get the right thing..

Edit: Got my answer..
Old 10-18-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/hyundai/elantra

I know this is an old thread but i got a pair of 01-02 knuckles off an elantra i will be swapping onto my 97 accent, i test fit them on my 99 accent parts car and they bolt up just fine the steering arm is maybe .25 to .5 in farther out but that is it. Will confirm it 100% once i do the swap replacing bearings and stuff first.