Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

98 Tiburon bolt pattern

Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (KayJai)
DOH!

ROFL....I don't know that it is that funny to anyone else but I have been here for 17 hours.....getting a little tired. lol.gif
Old 01-20-2004, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you guys are all whores.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:16 AM

Just copy and paste the link (after you right clicked it and pressed properties) or go to the source.
http://hyundaiperformance.com/tech/diy/acc...1/001/index.php
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 AM

wow, thanks for all the replies... Im on a lot of car forums (I myself own a 2001 Sentra SE), and I havent had people be this eager to help
thanks

so... I need to make sure I find rims that fit over the calipers
thanks

oh and as far as I know, its not an SE

on the back badges, it only says Tiburon, no SE back there

whats the diff between SE and non-SE
as far as I could tell, its fully loaded
has 15" rims..

sorry, but I dont know much about Tibby's
I drove it for her on the test drive and told her to go for it, it drove really nice, and was pretty much brand new condition (only had about 15000 miles on it)
Old 01-21-2004, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

its not fitting over the calipers you have to worry about, its fitting on the captive rotors.

the rotors are kept in place by screws that stick out inbetween the studs. you need to get a wheel with little indents in it where theos screws are, or you can take the wheel to a machine shop and have them do it.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:31 AM

well the difference with se may just be some options that are available and a special shark spoiler that comes on the car (like the one on my car in the pic)..

now no matter what your going to have captive rotors.. the only way to get across them is to look for rims with spaces behind them in the spots where bolts would fit from your captive rotors.. another thing is you can get a shop to machine the rims to fit.. or you can swap your front rotors for a second gen rotors which are not captive so they should work fine..
i suggest just buying a pair of used front rotors (which you can probably find used on the forums or check www.hyundaperformance.com) and swap it with your captive rotors..
Old 01-21-2004, 10:48 AM

My 99 does not have captive rotors.. but then, I have already mentioned that my 99 is odd.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:18 AM

QUOTE (NightShark)
well the difference with se may just be some options that are available and a special shark spoiler that comes on the car (like the one on my car in the pic)..

now no matter what your going to have captive rotors.. the only way to get across them is to look for rims with spaces behind them in the spots where bolts would fit from your captive rotors.. another thing is you can get a shop to machine the rims to fit.. or you can swap your front rotors for a second gen rotors which are not captive so they should work fine..
i suggest just buying a pair of used front rotors (which you can probably find used on the forums or check www.hyundaperformance.com) and swap it with your captive rotors..

thanks nightshark
I notice you're in Mississauga, cool, Im in Brantford

I guess she has an SE then cuz she has that spoiler too

i'll have to take a look at her car to see what this captive mess is all about, I cant quite picture it
oh well, at least ive got a bolt pattern to go with

4x114.3

thanks