Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

4 Piston Brake Caliper Bbk

Old 10-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if some people out there would be interested in a relativley cheep BBk for a tiburon? It would use a 4 piston aluminum caliper large 11" rotor so it would be compatable with 16" rims and I will try to set it up to make a captive rotor non captive IF possible. I havent even prototyped it yet but I will be in the works here pretty soon. Like I said this is just a feeler. My guess is the overall price would be 500-700$ range if I supply all the parts. Anyway I will post some pics of what it might look like and a mock up later.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM

i might be in for sure depends on pics an final price. I have to get new brakes this year anyway
Old 10-15-2006, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

This seems almost impossible for that price range, but hey, if you get something like that I would be in! cool.gif
Old 10-15-2006, 02:47 PM

not really, willwood 4 piston calipers can be found for 150 a set pretty easily. u could do an entire set up for around 500-600. but it would be a small margin of profit.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Not at retail prices right?

All those wilwood kits I've seen are much, much more expensive.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

its because they are kits. you are paying someone else to get together the appropriate parts and then make the last custom peices.

t4, do you already have the parts? i have a whole bunch of wilwood parts i would be willing to sell you that are as perfect dimension wise for a tib that i could find. i only needed to buy a couple other bolt kits and then get a caliper bracket made(i was going to try modifying an existing one wilwood sells first). just could never justify spending that extra ~80 dollars plus the time to get the thing working. the rotors are already safety-wired to the hats. the only peices that arent wilwood are the brake lines. they are allstar (got them from pitstopusa.com) and i used a high-temp, highly resistive and tough heatshrink to provide them with a coating.

got a whole bunch of pics if you are interested. i made a thread here but it got deleted in the server switch-over.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i would be in for it for around that price, its really pretty affordable.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Im actually looking at using other calipers other than wilwood as they are cheep in comparison. the wilwoods are ment for a race team they have no dust seals on the pistons and have a tendancy to flex. My setup would actualy alow you to purchase your own calipers and rotors you would just have to purchase the adaptor setup from me, The rotor hat (yes 2 part rotors tongue.gif ) and the caliper adaptor, this would be much cheeper than the5-700 i stated earlier. I ended up purchasing the calipers i plan on using for 150$ brand new for a pair well they are rebuilds but are still better than wilwood. I would use wilwood discs though as they can be had for under 100$ new and you can go solid sloted drilled drilled and sloted ect. Anyway I need to prototype it first I am waiting on the calipers to get here first they should be here this week.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned

adam, hit me up first on these, and ill look into some if/when i get a job.. i wanna see some pics and details.. this would be a really sweet thing for us tibs smile.gif
Old 10-15-2006, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I have one here, but it is not cheap. and its all hyundai oem parts

hyundai 4 piston alu with pads are close to 900

the adatper brackets are 250

and the disks are 290

its almost better to the brembo and wilwood kits here that shit starts at 4,000 and up

i can get u guys this but you must have 17 inch rims or better.. i never said anything about it because it was too much and this is there price not my i may get 10 buck out of the whole thing but since. they are specical order from hyundai so i cant get any price cuts on them even with my hooks up.. if you guys want i can post pics

BTW the calapers are made by AP racing thats what i am told by hyundai maybe its a co-op deal