Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Whoah!

Old 09-25-2002, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Yes, the car is a real concept put out by suzuki.
Yes the engine makes nearly 250 HP at the crank.

However it is old news. This came out in...get this 1997.

Suzuki shows C2 compact open two-seater sports car

Suzuki has presented its C2 concept car at the 32nd Tokyo Motor Show. The concept is described as "a compact super sports car which encapsulates full driving enjoyment in its compact body". The C2 has newly developed 1.6 liter V8 dohc twin-turbo all-alloy engine mounted at the front and driving the rear wheels. The hard top is a one-piece roof section, and can be easily and quickly rotated into the body so that driver and passenger can enjoy open-top driving without worrying too much about the weather. Even with the hard top fully retracted into the body, trunk space is still available. The hard top is manually operated, to avoid unnecessary extra weight. The ****pit partitions the driver's and passenger's seats in order to make the driver concentrate fully on driving.

Specifications for the C2 are as follows:
Overall length: 3,650 mm
Overall width: 1,650 mm
Overall height: 1,220 mm
Wheelbase: 2,230 mm
Engine: V8, 1,644 cc dohc twin turbo
Maximum power: 246 bhp @ 7,000 rpm
Maximum torque: 213 lb/ft @ 4,000 rpm
Transmission: five-speed transmission
Suspension front: double wishbone, coil springs
Suspension rear: double wishbone, coil springs
Tires: 205/50R16
Seating capacity 2

[ September 25, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 09-25-2002, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the resident Cappuccino fiend here, I can tell you that yes Suzuki made this prototype. They have been considering many ways on how to revive the Cappuccino due to the old one's remaining cult following - of which I am a rabid member.

Nothing more has come from it publicly, but I bet Suzuki uses what it learned from the C2 in the future.

In fact, Suzuki is Japan's number #1 car maker right now - all thanks to the little Wagon R. Bet you guys didn't know that. Tell that to some Honduh kiddie the next time he mouths off about how great rolleyes.gif Honduhs are.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Need to bring Cappucino back but much lighter and WIDER.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:24 AM

scourge:
In fact, Suzuki is Japan's number #1 car maker right now - all thanks to the little Wagon R. Bet you guys didn't know that. Tell that to some Honduh kiddie the next time he mouths off about how great rolleyes.gif Honduhs are.
Man, you make it like the Wagon R's 75hp G13BB i4 1.3L engine could take a S2000 off the line or something.

Scourge: I'm a big fan of the Brat(Do you remember that car?) They have the new version now actually called Baja...but we still call it Brat 2.0. That car's ACTUALLY useful.