Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

What Do You Think Of This?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess if you can't decide between a Porsche or a Corvette you'd have this:
http://www.toy-jet.ls1fun.com/about.html

What do you think?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

wow thats one hell of a car if its true
not many pics of the engine and the ones he does have dont look right sorta like its been choped
if the car is really converted i would like to see the numbers how much hp do u think it would have?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:36 PM

^That's what I was thinking. You would think he would have posted several engine pics.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 PM

Hmmm...yea, the "Custom Page" has a link at the bottom for quarter mile test and tune video, but suspiciously...the link no worky...
Old 10-08-2005, 08:24 AM

Dropping a V8 into a porsche is nothing new. Guys have been doing it to the 914 for DECADES! His way is unique with that ugly ass cooling system hung off of the rear.

He talks about weight saved, but he misses a point. The 3.0 Porsche six is a FLAT motor with all the weight not much higher than the middle of the bumper. The 10 quart oil tank (dry sumped engine to help it sit even lower) is behind the passenger side rear wheel.. also about bumper height.

The LS1 engine is about twice the height of the Porsche one. ADD that 2 gallons of water above the back of the car... and while it may be lighter, he is going to have more weight shift with everytime he corners, stops, or accelerates.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Yeah, but I doubt he cares. He seems like a straightaway baby. Too bad cause the porsche normally handles well no?

I think it's cool, but yet dissappointing that there aren't more engine pictures. I actually like the spoiler idea, having the cooling system exposed like that and making it look neat is ingenius! I like that part of it.