Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Vw Rabbit Gti

Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i test drove one today while the audi was getting some work done, and i'll have to say it's not all that. it seemed to pull the same as my tib but steering and suspesion was a lot better. lucky for me a young guy was with me so he let me beat on it. very responsive steering but lack top end. first and second seemed a little faster than my tib but third and fourth deffinately seemed slower. sad to say i was planning on getting one but after the test drive i don't think i will.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:16 PM

Dude I smoked one of these about 2 days ago, wasn't even close.
they can be nice cars, but I would'nt buy one.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

with my car the way it is right now, which is pretty much stock i can deffinately pull one.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:11 AM

well, the "rabbit" is not the high performance car in the lineup. It is meant as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive 1.8T and the VR6 models, so it's not going to have the power to pull much.

Personally, I think whatever marketing genius who decided to bring back the "rabbit" name should be locked in the trunk of one of these cars and driven cross country, dumped on a city street in NYC naked, and left to fend for himself. What a stupid idea