Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Updates On My Srt-4

Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I haven't updated on my car for a while, and a few of you may be interested, so here goes.

I really haven't done much to the car in the past few months, as the 'modding' bug has kinda left me. Recently I needed new brakes BADLY (the steel on the pad was eating the rotor) fing02.gif

I just went ahead and got the wilwood BBK which AJ (RoleReversal) helped me with the install. I originally wanted his help for safety wiring (cuz ive never done it) but of course he stayed and helped with the entire project (thanks again) and gave me a ride in the WRX.. holy shit.. made my SRT feel like a geo metro.

anyway, heres some pics of the BBK.

and i also made the decision to market an bolt on FMIC kit for the SRT-4s that didn't cost an arm and a leg, but was an upgrade from stock. Their are companies that make hard piping replacements but their kits with a BOV cost around 350-450$ and you have to use the stock intercooler, or buy a bigger one. These complete kits will sell for 350$ shipped or so.

so i gathered up some parts, and decided to do the kit on my car, so people could see it fit and what not.

I was very impressed with the 'greddy style' BOV as far as construction. I had to take it apart because they had installed two springs inside. I would recommend this BOV to anyone running a low-mid boost setup for sure.

The IC i picked fit pretty well. I still need to make brackets for the IC (right now the couplers/piping is holding it in place) there is a bit of an angle that will be fixed this weekend.

had to drill a hole for a grommet and tap a hole for another TIP sensor in the BOV adapter (good thing about thick piping, you can tap it with fine threads.

I will be doing a full tune up this weekend (new coil, MSD wire, NGK iridium plugs, redline oil, redline trans oil, k&n gold filter, mopar coolant) and also be installing some red silicone rad hoses.

guess the modding bug kinda hit me when im building turbo kits and stuff all the time, haha. kinda hard to stay away from modding when the spare room is always full of piping/turbos/intercoolers/etc.

and yes, i know i need to clean my engine bay, haha. been like that since my xmas trip to MI and back

also, the stock SRT intercooler has a core of 21"x6"x2.5" and is finned and prone to leaking) this IC core is 22"x7"x2.5" so its just a tad bigger but also bar and plate style.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think the car looks awesome and the work you've done looks great. the rims looks great and a great job overall. what about the spare tire fitting?

it's too bad you're out of the hyundai family, but props for sticking around!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

thanks

spare tire doesnt have a chance to fit, and id never ride on a donut.

imma get a cheap nexxan tire wrapped around one of my spare konigs and throw that in the spare tire well, so ill have a spare if i need it. thanks for reminding me to do that, haha.

forgot to post this up.

this is what i plan on doing with the IC once i figure out a good process to paint it and prevent it from chipping.

i think it goes alot better with my overall look
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

looking good,

tru fan of the black IC...do it do it now, the more i see BBK's the more i need to do one for the tib IDK, cant do it until i got a ful size spare for my rims
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hmm lookin good man. i'm sure its a bit funner to cruise in now with the new FMIC and BOV
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

looks good. will look even better with that IC black.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

looks pretty good. you should've gotten a bigger ic. my bro in laws fills up the hole mouth.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

on the wilwood BBK, do they say anywhere what you can expect you stopping distance to decrease by. not interested really in buying, but i've been told in terms of buying, $70/ft. in decrease stopping length is a good set. so basically, if you spent 700 bux and your stopping distance decreased 10 ft. it's a good buy.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

ill have to check lee, im sure its listed somewhere.

i know i can feel a big difference and i still need to re-bleed the system. these are 4-piston calipers as opposed to the stock 1 piston. if i find any info on braking distance, ill post it up just for funnies.

lilo, i can't stand the people that have the whole 'mouth' filled up. usually since they mostly all have the stock turbo, which can't push much more than 300whp, and the BIG FMICs are built for big turbo guys in the 450+ range

its so un-necessary unless your at high hp numbers and actually takes a toll on your pressure and power. i don't plan on getting a bigger turbo, and if i do, it wont be much bigger, thus not being able to take advantage of a HUGE FMIC. the core on this IC is just slightly bigger than stock, and the style is more efficient.

those BIG ICs that most of the SRT guys rock are 24"x12"x4" core which is only for looks for about 90% or more of the crowd.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I'm glad to see you have your safety wires going the correct direction. You'd be amazed how many people do them backwards. I like you're drive to get a cheaper FMIC kit done, but using Chinese knock-off parts makes Purple Panda sad. Supporting companies that ignore patents and copyrights help's nobody.