Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Tuners Look At Genesis Coupe

Old 07-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autoblog - Aftermarket size-up of the Genesis Coupe

Ah, and it begins... Glad to see they're getting a jump start on this. I like reading the comments, and seeing how people are going to view this car as it enters the tuning market.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's nice and all, but my problem is these aftermarket companies are ones that didn't support the Tiburons in the first place. If i were hyundai i'd flip them the finger and tell them to go stick their foot up their ass.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

very cool thing to hear.

would be awesome to see some companies like the ones mentioned in the article making top quality bolt on kits for that coupe instead of having source parts and such.

kinda anxious to see that thing released and tested. for as heavy as that car is expected to be, i woulda expected around 270hp out of the turbo 4.

but when companies start producing big bolt on turbo kits, the weight isn't gonna stop that thing from tearing up the track.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 24 2008, 02:10 PM)
it's nice and all, but my problem is these aftermarket companies are ones that didn't support the Tiburons in the first place. If i were hyundai i'd flip them the finger and tell them to go stick their foot up their ass.

Why would you want Hyundai to get less support from aftermarket companies??? That just doesn't make sense to me
Old 07-24-2008, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^
of course i'm making a joke, it wouldn't be at all in their interest but it still doesn't change the fact that hyundai tuning evolved thanks to the customers themselves without any exterior help whatsoever. now that hyundai is a serious contender, companies making parts for the coupe will benefit from the very manufacturer they never supported. sound a bit odd?

the weight isn't gonna stop that thing from tearing up the track.

right on.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yeah, I definitely see your point, but from a business perspective, I understand theirs, too. The RD crowd especially doesn't seem to want to pay normal prices for anything. They can sell 300 headers for a civic at $250 each, when they wouldn't be able to sell 30 for the Tib at the same price. I'm excited to see Hyundai being taken seriously, and even more impressed that they're working with big names such as HKS to help make the car more aftermarket friendly. I hope they become like Scion (only for performance rather than styling) and really grab the aftermarket crowd.

I'm guessing that 2009 and 2010 will be a great year, with the economy boosting up by then and people spending more money.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The turbo 4 is capable of way more power stock I believe. I think they gave it a major tune down to sell more of the V6 due to the power gap. Reminds me of undertuning the base WRX after the first couple years to give more of an incentive to buy STi. I would guess some options wont be available for the i4 also. Same reason. Either way if I get one in 2010 or so it will be i4.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM

I would be eager to get the I4 as well, just because I think the aftermarket for it will be incredibly higher then that for the v6. In the article do they go over them for mistakes before they post them? lol because they used the wrong word

"The only thing left to prove now is how it drives on the road and on the track, and we're eagerly anticipating our CHANGE to get behind the wheel later this year."
change behind the wheel thought that was kinda funny anyway looking forward to the release
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the rave reviews of the genesis vs. the older rd's is one way to compare. the tib's never received any good reviews while the genesis from what ive read have been nothing but good.

having the genesis being RWD help out probably 300%. if it was FWD, people would probably just say,"oh another hyundai, big deal."
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 24 2008, 04:36 PM)
^
of course i'm making a joke, it wouldn't be at all in their interest but it still doesn't change the fact that hyundai tuning evolved thanks to the customers themselves without any exterior help whatsoever. now that hyundai is a serious contender, companies making parts for the coupe will benefit from the very manufacturer they never supported. sound a bit odd?

They didn't support them because then because they weren't competing on the level that they are now. Other than the consumers and enthusiasts who swear by Hyundai, no one really took them seriously because of the Pony or Excels that they originally brought to the table. It took them years to build up a reputation that can actually hold its own against the luxury manufacturers like BMW or Lexus.

I'm going to be completely honest....until I saw a modified Tiburon....I would have never have considered buying a Hyundai. It works that way with aftermarket support...Until you REALLY see what they're capable of, you can't just go around helping out everyone....

Look at Nate....he bought a boosted Neon..... lmao.gif