Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Toyota Yaris

Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

So I thought that some people on this forums get a little overzealous and dumb when it comes to things, but wow... Here's a whole new world. lol

A very good friend of mine bought a Toyota Yaris (She's a girl, not into tuning in the slightest, its a slushbox anyways). So I was on the phone with her tonight and we've been joking around about her car turning into a tuner car. Right now she is making dinner for herself and told me she'll call me back and I should look for parts for her, jokingly of course.

Well... I got bored. So I started looking at parts. Intakes, headers, exhaust, and of course, the turbo option.

I found myself at a Yaris forum. I tried finding anyone who has turboed their yaris. I found one particular thread that just made me quit searching....

**ahem**

210HP... Be prepared for new Internals (Cams, Pistons) New Clutch and Flywheel... Along with the Turbo, Inter-cooler, Cold Air Intake, Pipes, Coil-Overs, Dampers, Rims, Tires, LSD, ECU retard, and a new engine after you blow the car up your first day at the Track!

210HP on a car that weighs less then a TON...

Your looking at about $8,000 - $10,000

Plus the price of the car...$13,000ish

$21 - $23 Grand

Next time buy a TC!

I want to cry. for 10,000 you can probably make a bulletproof yaris.

Think about it... SOCKS has a very solid turbo kit he is selling right now. He is selling it for 4 grand, plug it in, bolt it on, lets go.
For 10 grand you can buy a tib (mine was 3k), turbo it, build the engine, bodykit, rims, and a cheap paint, springs, exhaust, and some other randoms all for under 10 grand. People are just plain DUMB.

Thought you might like to see that and get a laugh too lmao.gif
Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Plus you'd have to deal with the shame of everyone laughing at you as you puttered out onto the track.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Ive been driving my moms echo while the elantra doesn't work. Not a bad car. But I would never think to turbo it.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you can spend all the money you want, hook up a car all you want, enjoy the thrill of it all you want... but your life shouldn't be in the hands of anything that weighs less than a ton fing02.gif

i hear way too many stories. even mini coopers are not all safe. hell even tiburons aren't for the matter.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

my yaris experience,

we rented a 2 door, us three guys (I weigh 135lbs, other guy weighs 165, other one is a hefty 230-250..), to drive to Bakersfield, CA from Prescott, AZ for a race event (not in the Yaris, we were corner marshals and timing/scoring for NASA at the time). It was THE cheapest rental I have ever rented, and we could NOT stop saying "Yaris" and laughing afterwards for the entire trip..

Now, I have been up to 24,000ft above the ground in a 4 seat airplane (turboprop) and NEVER have I experienced the crosswinds that we did in that Yaris on I-40 East towards Cali... omfg.gif

I swear Aaron, the ~250lb guy, was the ONLY thing holding our puny little 150's to the floor.

I don't really remember the night prowling in the yaris after the beer garden, but I BET is was a good time

eff the yaris! yar... pirate.gif
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i was going to trade my audi in for one but the quoted me a price of $17800 new!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

wow.. 18000 for a friggin new yaris... thats CRAZY

theres so many better things to get than a yaris for 18k.

new elantra, new focus, new spectra, etc.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: car

Yeah, considering you could buy a nice lexus IS300 for that or something similar... Or a 350z, rsx S, miata, SRT-4, newer eclipse, etc.

If you want gas milage, buy an I3 metro. lol