Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Thinking About Buying 08 Accent

Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really thinking about picking up one of these 08 accent. In town our dealer has a sale and the accent is only $6,400... yea I was like WOW. I'm really thinking about selling my tiburon and buying it. Where else can you get a car for 6 grand brand new?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ok i absolutely love hyundais but i was talking about how much of a deathtrap our tiburons were, the accents are worse. i was looking at a 2000 elantra sedan salvage, man what a POS they really are. the trunk on it is just wobbly sheet metal made of gutter. it was next to a VW Jetta wreck, and i felt that up and it was pure solid in comparison. for your safety, you're better off like you are now, or with something that won't make you feel a class below the entire highway wink1.gif

i'm not against accents, or economy class but seeing and feeling those hyundais this weekend really put some truth in my mouth. i do think the quality got better, but just by looking at it you can tell it's a bit risky.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Read the fine print on that $6K Accent deal. Usually involves a bunch of rebates you're not eligible for and doesn't include any of the BS dealer fees.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Either way the new Accents are really a good car. Safety is actually really good. Mileage is great and its fun to drive. I have an 08 myself and love it. But that price wont end up being what you pay.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:04 PM

^i suppose you are right Ericy. it's probably as big a car as ours. these days with cars improving so much, i'd have to test drive one.

i remember my dad spending 3 hours bringing a brand new base accent down to $6,000 right from the dealer. then i told him let's get a used tiburon. you should have seen the salesperson's face drop when a seventh grader got between him and his commission.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 PM

It was just a thought and I wanted to see what you people think of it. I probably wont end up getting one as I'm still recovering from a foot injury. I just want a brand new car for a change and not a car that has 100,000 plus miles that needs some repairs lol. I love my tiburon but the owner before it was a jackass and ruined my tib. He melted the wireharness from his subs because he had open wires everywhere (that was a PITA to fix). The wing he put on is not centered. The hood has stripped screws. The sunroof was an aftermarket one and somehow he was messing around with it and stripped/broke the head of the screws in it. Paint is horrible on it. I wanted to kill the kid that I bought the car from( i overlooked a lot of stuff that was wrong when I bought it). I just would like a new car and I know it will last because I take care of my stuff lol.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 PM

^i feel yah. that's stupid. the hatch has an OEM space for the shark wing, so you can't go wrong installing it unless you're careless, lazy, or ricer.

patch up those holes and redo it. all you need is a drill. i'll bet you he didn't put grommets in either. you can make your own grommets.

there's a junk tib over here. let me know if you need any parts man. if you're going to jump ship, i'd recommend old used elantras. still tin cans but better than accents. no matter how much i tell my friends, hyundai's are great starter cars. but i can never convince them.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 PM

I'm currently in the works of patching/touch up painting the holes where the wing was. I plan to keep it wingless for awhile. Everything else has been fixed by me besides the aftermarket sunroof. I have no clue where to start on that roof. I'm scared if I mess with it, it will start leaking 02.gif. The car needs a new paint job sometime but I need to fix the aftermarket sunroof first. That kid that owned this car before me was a idiot he did everything the wrong way to this car.