Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Is There A Gm Equivalent Of Hyundaitechinfo.com?

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My wife's 05 Buick Terraza is acting up (surprise), the rear sliding door mechanism is crapped out. Does anyone know of a place I can get a service manual like webtech, but for GM cars, free online? I have a sneaky suspicion that GM is too protective of itself to post that sort of thing for public consumption; somebody please prove me wrong!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've never seen a webTech equivalent for any other manufacturer. It'd be nice if they did though.

Haynes manual? Haynes online?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Kia (hyundai) is the only company supplying a free service manual available to anyone. Sorry. Check forums or Haynes manual.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

if i remember, i'll check alldata tomorrow while at work
Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It makes me less sad to have dished out for the warranty from CarMax when we bought the car, now that something is actually broken. What it does is open all the way, and not close when you tell it to. If you tell it to close *and* pull on the door it will go about 1/2 way shut and stop. The cable tension thing must be all jacked up inside, because a) when it's half open and you push it open the cable just falls out the track and b) if you close it almost all the way, it won't latch and then about 1/2" from latched it will start to open again; it opens about 1/2 way and makes crunchy noises from the mechanism inside. Sounds like an expensive part needs replaced boo! From a quick google search this seems to be a fairly common fault . . . and there are evidently some SUCKY GM dealerships out there.

If you could find out a way I can disconnect the whole shebang and use the door manually that would be great, otherwise don't go to too much trouble.