Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

A Supercharged, Turbocharged Sti!

Old 04-25-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hope they did good internal work... STi motors don't like being pushed too much above stock HP.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah im assuming they did ham, if somebody had enough knowledge and experiance to turbo/super charge an engine, i think he might have a little common sense to reinforce it too... very nice tho, thats gotta put out some killer numbers at the track...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:23 PM

Do they even make a supercharger kit for our cars? Quite frankly I am really interested in Twincharging my Tiburon. If I can pull together the money it would be awesome.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Have you been living under a rock or something?? LOL

Alpine Developments has a kit for us. It's not that great but hey, if you know your shizz I'm sure something can be done about it.

As for that car I have only heard of such setups but never seen them. It's a great way to reduce lag. Keep in mind the super charger still has lag but not as much.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

wow all the other cars should have automatically shut their hoods in shame after that STi's hood popped open.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Black01Tibby @ Apr 25 2005, 08:59 AM)
would it even be possible to do that to a Tiburon? because if it is I have a new goal.

As it was stated before there is a twin charged accent, but he's not putting that much power down 02.gif

Hope they did good internal work... STi motors don't like being pushed too much above stock HP.

I'm sure they did man. And where did you hear/seen that STI motors do not like to be pushed? I believe I've seen STI stock engine running around 20psi and a FMIC.

Do they even make a supercharger kit for our cars? Quite frankly I am really interested in Twincharging my Tiburon. If I can pull together the money it would be awesome.

Alpine does, but their supercharger is not that great IMO, especially for the price of it. You could custom make centrefugial(sp) Vortech superchanger from other car and then slam a big ass turbo on. But I don't see a point unless you are going for crazy power with a huge turbo, which will make your car almost not street drivable. For less money you could just get a big GT series turbo, equal lenght manifold, ceramic coat it(manifold) and have almost no lag and still be street drivable.

I also don't see a point of doing this on STI for only 550whp. They could have just gotten a bigger GT turbo and raised the boost up and would have had the same effect.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 25 2005, 06:11 PM)

Except for the few what are pushing 1k...
Old 04-25-2005, 04:05 PM

HEEYYYYY.... Let's get a DIY for that one!?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:24 PM

If you guys thought that STi was badazz, check this out:

bet that thing would move.... btw, that pic is a link wink1.gif
Old 04-25-2005, 04:25 PM

The block, for the power it is pushing stock, isn't that strong. Overall the car is weak compared to its competitor(s?)... namely the Evo. Many people have run into all sorts of internal problems all over the place when they push it to 500+ whp.. which is about 600 to the crank. If you think about it, thats about where the Beta starts to run into problems with the crank, etc. but is way cheaper than the STi's engine. Of course the pistons, rods, etc. are stronger in the STi. Thats a major reason why people choose the Evo over the Subaru if they are going to really push the car, even though the STi is easier to work on in most instances.

The "except for the few that are pushing 1k" comment is pointless, considering you can push that on any engine with enough work. The key point is how much work.