Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.
View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?
Dodge Neon SRT-4
66.67%
Chevrolet Cobalt SS
36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Srt-4 Or Cobalt Ss?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, So the Tib is close to 132,000 miles, so Im starting to look ahead towards a new car in the next year or so... I want a 4-cylinder with stock FI for a reasonable price so Ive come down to Dodge Neon SRT-4 and the Chevy Cobalt SS. I was just wondering what yall's opinions are (between these two cars only and not "Buy another Tib" I've had 2 already lol) As of now Im leaning toward the SS, I have to say I like the Eco-tech engine and the 2-door model over the 4-door for now... Also the interior of the Cobalt is much nicer IMO...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:03 PM

I would go Cobalt SS, my reasons are that it looks much better and it's a chevy. I trust chevy better than dodge.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i thought cobalt was a joke, until i learned it was not. what an ugly pos. trailer trash drive those cars. i wouldn't pick either. keep the tib man. my dad's elantra got 145,000 on it, friends tiburon 200,000 and mine 136,0000. all are good for another 10 years.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

the srt-4 is easier to turn the boost up on if you want to go for more power. Or throw a bigger turbo on.

The SS would take different sized pulleys to cahnge boost. Both are weasy to tune stock though.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 PM

HKC: Uh yeah, but Im being realistic man. Tib could crap out soon and Ill need something newer to drive and preferably more power. Besides, didn't I say "No keep the Tib comments"? Im keeping the Tib till it craps out no doubt, but I'm talking afterwards...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you didn't say no keeping the tib, you said no buy another tib. and i was showing you the data--just poking at you. my hard headed advice would be to wait the minute the tiburon messes up because apart from minor fixes it might be 5 years from now.

you should test drive those cars and see which one suits you better. you know how i feel about american cars. the neons aren't really too bad but my friends girl had one and that thing was heap just a weeks after she bought it brand new. i've been in a cobalt, it's regular and one of the ugliest sights on the highway but i admired how quiet it was on the inside.

we had a saturn once. slow as hell and had gearing problems. our elantra that was 3k less with more options, room, and comfort is a world a difference and still problem-free. i have to admit though the dealer service was outstanding.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 PM

get an srt, i got one and havent even thought about looking back
Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 PM

HKC: There ya go, that's the kind of input I wanted smile.gif I know I said no buying another Tib, but I meant for this car to be after the Tib became too much of a hassle to be worth fixing... You said you'd been in a cobalt, that the SS or the base model? The SS has enough upgrades to matter... BTW I dont think the Cobalt is ugly so that's not a factor...
Old 05-09-2008, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

idk about a cobalt man.

I think its cool they're making something somewhat respectable for the tuning crowd (not a cavalier) but my boss at my other job had one as a rental and she asked me to drive it to a few errands. I didnt race the thing but i brought it up to 4500 or so to see what kind of grunt it had, and was dissapointed. Later that day as my boss drove home, the damn thing overheated, it was an 07 in 07, it had to be towed.

Another rental experiance was with a friend of mine, we both agreed the thing felt kinda cheap and wasnt very exciting.

Granted they were both the base models but ya know..
Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm not a big fan of SRT's but I have never seen a guy in a Cobalt that didn't look like a sissy. One of my friends has one, she likes it...but it's always the same story. A guy knows some chic that has one...get where I'm going with that? At least an Srt gets you respect still. Don't get me wrong I've seen Cobalt SS's all around here and everynow and then you get a Tuner enthusiast in the driver seat but I haven't seen one with balls yet.