Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Spent Too Much Money On My Spider

Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you could say I have been spoiled by my Tib. We have a badge on the back that tells the model and a pair of Slanted H emblems... and that is it. My spider has two "fiat" emblems.. one on the hood and one on the trunk lid. There are also a pair of "pininfarina" badges.. one each on both of the quarter panal behind the doors.. then there is a model badge on the rear and an engine displacement badge as well...

well, I stopped by one of the major parts sellers for fiat's and alfas.. unfortunetly for me, his shop is only half an hour away from my house.. while I was there he started showing me the new stuff he got in.. and well I had to buy.

The scan does not do them justice. These are a heavy cloisionne instead of simply painted tin and plastic. I also got some new chrome hooks for the boot for when the top is down.. so, Two fiat badges, two farina badges, two hooks, and seals.... $168 USD later.... and I cannot even use them until I get the body done and painted.. but they are so pretty.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM

Maybe it's a good thing that Abarth parts are so hard to find for Fiats any more. If all those little shinny things got your heart racing that fast I can only imagine what an Abarth racing intake with dual Webers or a set of rally cams would do.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:20 PM

I can get those parts and more. I consider Guy Croft a friend of mine ( www.guy-croft.com ) and he is about as knowledgable a guy (sorry) as you are going to find on engines.. what else would you expect of an ex-Formula 1 engineer?

I am also beyond the Abarth stuff.. I am talking Lancia Delta Integrale. The 16valve turbo head bolts right onto my engine for the ultimate hybrid.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:26 PM

After taking a look at his site, It's a good thing I didn't know about him while I was over in the UK. I had taken my 124 Spyder over there with me. As it was I was like a kid in a candy store with all the parts I found when I was there. Mine started life as a California emissions engine. That lasted nearly a month once I hit England. Then it was just a race to see which ran out first, my ideas or my money.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:08 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

That FIAT emblem is new style. You need to put old style emblem on your FIAT nana.gif