Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Smart Cars?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol, that would have kind of killed the 'practicality' aspect socks.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM

I'd take one too, so long as Mark Wahlberg came with it.

As far as practicality goes, well, I guess they wouldn't be good for hauling the family around, but apparently they can be modified to haul a safe full of money, so....
Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Feb 26 2008, 07:57 PM)
I'd sport one. You know, a really big upgrade for them is a Hyabusa engine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3h8KdtuBBLM

Cheap to buy, cheap to modify, you can't go wrong! I almost got one before I decided I'd treat myself to a tib!

Smartuki.com

$13,000 will get you a GSX-R 1000 and all the parts need for a swap....go to a local track and race some punk with a civic for Pinks......Just for fun... lmao.gif
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GLT

My only problem with the mini is every used one we have the interior has been beat to death. THey looked worse than a mid 90's Elantra that had been abused. I don't know about the newer ones, but the first couple years the interiors don't seem to hold up. I am basing this off of the last 6 we've had come through the shop.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

what a waste of time (smart car..)

if you are really looking for good gas mileage and considering a smart car just get a friggin' bike. you can probably haul more luggage. i had a Suzuki GS550 that got up to 50mpg (roughly). a friend in my college's bike club had the same bike, same year but converted it to diesel and got 100+ mpg. He filled up less often than a friend with a Prius does with 1/4 the size gas tank.. omfg.gif

he also couldn't go more than 65mph, but s'ok.

and i can weave it and out of traffic and go down small streets just as easy (actually easier) than in any little ugly smart car.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 PM

That's a shame, because I do like the interior of the mini a lot, it's very unique. And, the same could be said about the RD Tiburons as well. I've had 3 so far and each has had the same typical broken parts in the interiors, broken sunglass compartment, missing screw covers, cracked shift bezels, etc. I guess a lot of it depends on how well you take care of the car. I beat the sh!t out of my car, including the interior, and it shows.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GLT

No offense to you RD owners, but it was the "leftover" car after they re-organized. It wasn't the "quality" of the newer cars. Nothing wrong with them, but they were still playing "catch-up" back then.

Oh, and I get 48-50mpg on the CB750 Honda I have. I've never gotten over 50 because I can't stop twisting the throttle!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i myself am not a fan of the smart car at all... i like the fuel efficiency but thats it... the mini coopers are nice except the HUGE guage in the center of the dash. if ur lookin for furl economy look at the new hybrid camry's... they are an amazing car. i have driven one and like it lots!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM

I happen to like the smart.. and they do VERY well in crash testing.. even more so when you consider the size of them

With those small wheels and light weight, you do not need powersteering. I do not use airconditioning. So a car like that is perfect for my 12 mile commute.

Of course I would probably lose it everyday in the parking garage at work.. too many hulking SUVs.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Heck yeah. I loose my Tiburon every day in the parking garage. I wonder how those guys afford their gas commuting to work and back every day.