Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Saw An Alfa Today

Old 05-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this lends some credence that Alfa is trying to get back into the US market in 2008. I saw a brand new 156 with Manufacturers plates today. It was coming out of a parking lot as I was going in, so I did not get much of a look, but what I saw, I loved.

Forget the new tib in 2008. If Alfa comes back to our shores, I am buying a new one.

It was in this colour too...

Old 05-09-2005, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

sweet. there used to be an old Alfa convertible that came into my old job all the time.

it was so hard to drive! i would have to take off my boots and drive the car barefoot on a lift. the pedals were too close together.

that car looks sick
Old 05-09-2005, 07:04 PM

That is a hot looking car.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

My soon-to-be Father-inlaw owns 2 alfas, ones an '87 Milano and the other is like a 93 or so. The Milano needs a clutch, some body work, and some interior work. He can't see to well anymore and can't drive, so he wants me to fix up the Milano and get it running again. He's owned at least 1 Alfa every year for the past 30 something years.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM

yea, Italian cars can be difficult to drive due to their odd ergonomics. Pedals close together and close to you, wheel far away and at a flat, rather bus like angle. Not sure what the Italians in Italy look like, but they all must be shaped like apes for how their cars were designed inside. Irregardless though, I love those quirks. I like a car that forces you to conform to it before it will conform to you.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my cousin has a bebe blue metallic alpha 166. they change colors from silver luster to light blue luster. they look really nice. when it was parked in our yard i just kept staring at it.

but in 2008, there will be better, sweeter alfas. check out some of the alfa concepts. they look gorgeous. i'm too lazy to post them.