Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Replaced The Tibby

Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys.....I decided to trade the Tibby in. I was in an accident with it late last year, and it just never drove the same. To get it where I wanted it to be would have set me back a pretty penny as well. I traded it in on an '04 SRT-4. I figured tweaking a car with F/I from the factory would be much easier than turbo-charging a N/A. This is a great community, and I plan on hanging around, even though I don't have a Tibby anymore

Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

very nice. good thing you got 04 and not 03 though. 03's have less power and no LSD.

how are you liking it so far. i have enjoyed every minute of my srt since i bought it last month.

one really easy thing to do to make it look better and sound better. remove the rear exhaust section and roll the middle part of the bumper up.

i know what your talking about with the tweaking. i went from my turbo tib to this, and even though my turbo tib was fun as hell, its nice having stock F/I. i also made decision not to do any more performance tweaking to the srt4. i need more of a daily driver and not another project. plus, tweaking really isn't needed.

how many miles are on it?

also, a really good srt forums is srtconnection.com. a local guy runs the website and people really know what they are talking about on there. if you go over there, tell em i sent ya.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the info Socks...I loved your Tib and it was an inspiration for even considering adding a Turbo to the Tib

My SRT has 33,000 miles on it, I paid $12,200 for it. So far I absolutely love it. My parents have the Turbo PT Cruiser (which has the same drivetrain except for the IC and Intake mani) For now I won't be doing much as far as mods other than a LED kit for the dash by ByVampDesings. It has plenty of power. I am kind of dissapointed with the fuel milage, I have used 2.5 tanks of gas to go just over 300 miles so something is out of wack.

Mine is fairly stock other than a Mopar BOV and a K&N Intake (Came with them) When I finish school I would like make it a project with my Dad and my Uncle, as both have owned Mopars in their day. I am on SRTforums.com as Northstar24, that is another good SRT information site. I will check out srtconnection.

Oh, and the '03's may not have an LSD and a little less power, but they also have less of hte transmission grenading problems that the '04's and particularly the '05's have......and Stage one from Mopar includes the injectors that came stock with the '04-'05s...
Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

you do know who vamp is right.. he also used to be in the hyundai community.

wow, you got that car for a STEAL. wish i woulda had those miles and paid that.

yeah, to be honest, i was disapointed with fuel mileage.. i am getting an average of like 22mpg cityish driving. but then again, with the power, i always give it a little more now and then.

i am a member on srtforums.com also, but theres just too much going on for me to get into posting over there.. i do have to update the spring rates over there though. they didn't have eibach spring rates listed in their suspension thread and i got them.

yeah, only thing that gives the 04-05 more power is bigger injectors and better fuel maps.

my car has the following mods: MSD coil, MSD wires, AFE Intake, injen catback, eibach sportlines, Texalium S-eyelines, limo tint, mopar blue plate, engine mount inserts, mopar short shifter.

the only other things i am contemplating is a stage II WGA (for a lil more boost, and more stable) and OBX silicone charge pipes.

the majority of the grenading problems are with people that do alot of racing. I still have yet to hear of a case of someone that drives it semi normal blowing it up.

There is a local guy that had his srt4 dyno'd recently. he only had TWO performance mods, stage II WGA and turbo back exhaust.. pushed something like 270whp and 315ft.lbs.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Should we have a sub forum for srt4 owners? LOL
Old 03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned

lol.. haha.gif it would seem like it.. in the past year, 4 people on here that i know of sold their tibs and got srt4s
Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Damn I cant find the Thats f***ing Gay smiley.

lol anyway good luck. I never even saw the tib except for driving one time.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 PM

hell yea srt-4 is the way to go, i think i started this whole movement...... or i could just be drunk, but i got one b4 socks and great white
Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So lets keep track here. Tib owners that purchased a SRT-4

Rollwithstyle
SOCKS
Deestibo
GreatWhiteShark

See although im set on the Genesis Coupe, i hope the next generation tib includes some F/I, (when they introduced concept genesis coupe they said they had some new performance coming)

Reason being is look at all the people on here who were devout to hyundai, now they leave it for stock worry free F/I power; some like me might go for the gen coupe, others might need a cheaper or FWD option.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM

I guess I just looked at it this way, I was in the accident and my synchro problems were getting worse. I wanted something fun, and I figured I had to buy it before settling down. There were few turbo-charged cars in my price range, and after research I liked the SRT the best. It's already got 260 Horse (Dodge underrated them from the factory) and it is stupid easy to make them much faster. A few simple bolt ons an you're at 300 whp. The tib was a nice car, other than the issues I had due to previous owner abuse....

I'll own a tib again someday, it will be my DD and the SRT will be the weekend/strip/show car smile.gif I know you never saw the ride Ericy, but since we're in the same tiny town we should still hang out sometime

Socks, how do you like the Mopar STS? I am considering one, but I had the ARK in the Tib...I loved the short throw but didnt like the increased effort it took to change gears. The gates are so close on the SRT that I am afraid I will do something stupid like engage two gears or somehing. Thoughts?