Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Replaced The Tib!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just kidding! But I did pick up a new daily driver for work. Hated toting 6ft ladders around in the trunk of the tib, now I'll have more flexibility to finish projects on the tib. It's a little roughed up but I'm working on the problems. These are my "before" photo's and I've made a little progress since then.

btw, it's a 94 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo aka zj - it has the famous 4L inline 6 in it. Apparently it's near indestructible.

photo gallery with a few more pics

Believe it or not this jeep was rolled and you can see all the damage in these photo's, the only wreck its been in. I'm surprised it didn't crush the roof in more. It was wrecked, drove for a few months, then parked for 1-2 years till I picked it up for $500. The drive train seems to be solid so most of my work is in the visual category.

So far I've been:
  1. working on those dents.
  2. New plugs and wires
  3. removed tons and tons of leaves
  4. new everything on the rear brakes
  5. oil/filter
  6. painting various things black
  7. more cleaning
  8. wipers
  9. etc.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

fyi, you can put the oem bumper and FG fenders in the back of a tib and the hatch closes.

what i have been doing for a week now.

what you do for a living cow?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:47 PM

you can fit A LOT into the back of the tib. It just conveniently becomes a one seater. I've had a 6 foot ladder, two tool bags, three boxes of cable, a bucket of string, and tons of other various crap in there several times.

My company does a lot of stuff. My bread and butter is small business tech work. Like server maintenance, email, printers, etc. My typical customer has 5-20 employee's and can't justify a full time tech so they call me when things break. Then I also do hosting and design. And just recently am getting more into the cabling field. We picked up a contract with bellefonte hospital and have run ~15-20k feet of cat 6 cable since the beginning of the year. So thats quickly becoming another important parts of the business.

..dang, I feel like I need to make a newbie post now!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

with exception to the damage which i'm sure can be bent back, niiiice. i love old jeeps. believe it or not if there was one company besides hyundai i'd like to work for it would be Jeep because i'd really refresh their image.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Its weird working on a popular vehicle. I just joined the jeep forum and there are 148k members... crazy.

however that doesn't mean theres a better community. I posted a question on the 25th and after 25 views no replies.