Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Reason I Got Side Tracked From My Tiburon

Old 12-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon

After a long absance from rdtiburon, i am back.

So as i was planing to start my work on my 1999 tiburon, to do some custome body kit to give it a diffirent look (still planing to do it, one day) i ended up getting a new toy to distract me.

That how it looked when i bought it in april 2008.

For thouse who don't recognise it, it's a 1983 mazda RX-7.

Got it for a bargain price of 500$.

And here is what it looked like next week.

Needless to say, when you buy a car for 500$ bewary.

it was evaluated and inspected , which cost me 200$ extra, and other then expected problems nothing was reported majorly wrong.

2 days later, the day my insurance kicked in, i found out that my rear bridge link bracket was broken, ofcaurse i found that out on a coner tongue.gif

3 weeks, $500 in parts later, it was back on the road and looking not bad.

However it's an old car, and evantualy i bought myself a welder, and started working on the rust spots.
with no garage this took a bit longer as i could only work on it on weekends.
Replacing the floors, wheal wells and repairing the now rusting frame was a good lesson and i decided to take what i learned from that experiance and apply it to the tiburon.
Unfortunatly the tib was used and rust was forming on it due to the canadian winters.
Hower after couple days of work, my tibs body was brand new.

sorry, didn't have a camery to take pictures of this work.

endless to say, this car has so far cost me more then i paid for the tiburon including the tires, shocks and the carpc i got for it.

My tiburon's body work might be delayed, and i apologise to anyone who might have been looking forward to it as well.

However i don't regrad it, as the joy i get drom driving this classic can not compare to driving a tib.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Looks like a GSL (rear disc brakes)... nice.

My step-mother bought a new RX-7 GSL-SE back in '85. I only got to drive it once (I was 13) before she got pregnant and had to sell it. They day the new owner came and got it, she cried for a good 12 hours. May have been at least partially hormones, but that was a sweet car.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

MMM gotta love first gen's. I have an FC that is worse off then your FB but I plan on getting it ready to do battle!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 99 tiburon

Thanks for the replys.

i8acobra, you are right it is a gsl. it has high milage 250,000km but the engine and transmission run excelent, actualy they are the only things i didn't have to fix in that car yet.

I love the FBs for they style and the image, and FCs for their engine and their rear ends. Good luck with your FC, it's defenetly worth the time and effort.

p.s. sorry for a late reply.