Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

By Quasi-popular Demand...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Some of you have emailed me with regards to the car in question... some (with whom I have not spoken since HS) wanted information.

BEHOLD!

OJC!

Im still using her, as it is unseasonably warm - 20 cels today, NOVEMBER - ever since the valve seals were changed, she runs awesome! No oil burning! A first amongst old 4Gs?

I'm slowly working on the DOHC 2.4L power plant, awaiting some time between married life, a full time job, 4th year Uni courses (no end in sight...so many papers to write... in 2 languages... SHOOT ME!) money and... TIME!

In any case, I'm putting away this democratic car and taking out the republican car (they're blue and red, respectively) soon, so no more lopey idle, no more neck snap on high RPM throttle blips, no more inoperable choke. I will welcome 32 Mpg, a smooth car, and, most importantly, HEAT!

Looking forward to tearing down the 4G64 and mating a DOHC head, (and twin webers!) over winter! My uni's on strike as of tonight, so between catching up on 18th century French literature and quite indepth (and politically charged) sociology courses, i'll have some time to finally pull the head apart and send it for milling and P+P treatment.

Other than that, can't wait to surprise some of you next year with a miller-cycle S/C'd 1.6L SOHC next spring!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif hail.gif hail.gif
i cant wait to see it man, that car is a beast. s/c? mmmmmmmmmmm
how ya been man
Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i like it, I'm confused though, you have a red and blue pony?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 AM

He has 3 ponys, one red, one blue, one black, as well as a Stellar which I will be so lucky to drive very shortly.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

You always seem to have really good ideas with those old cars. I hope you finish it soon and its better than you expect.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i lovvvvvve it. and to know they're in the best care and admiration.

I'm putting away this democratic car and taking out the republican car (they're blue and red, respectively)
HAHA.

married life, a full time job, 4th year Uni courses (no end in sight...so many papers to write... in 2 languages... SHOOT ME!) money and... TIME!

no kidding. i'm taking art theory (big part of it religion, philosophy), shakespeare that i didn't get sleep over last night, and a lot of other classes. history is great, but i've got a lot of reading to do, there's way too much. i've always wanted to be an engineer, journalist, doctor, or businessman but i grew up travelling so much i didn't put any thought into it owned.gif

Do you have them all garaged? Hopefully soon like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVFcxd5hOs4

i love superchargers, but they're so inefficient!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 PM

The miller cycle isn't bad. See, I have a good amount of HP and high end power (anyone at this years' HS can attest to that) but few ponies down low. A turbo would not work well as it would take time to spool, and then deliver power later, when it is not needed. A small (and I mean small, no more than 5 psi) SC would deliver INSTANT spool when it is needed: in the low end. I will, of course, add an intercooler only because I have an awesome place to mount it.

This actually will pale in comparison to James' 1986 Stellar. That thing will outhandle and out power my car... FOREVER.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:39 PM

BEHOLD additional pictures!

Pony!
More goodness!
RWD!