Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Proton Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing edition unveiled

Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Proton Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing edition unveiled

http://www.proton-edar.com.my/index.php?pa...=view&id=78

Aiming to capitalize on the positive brand cache of Lotus Racing, Lotus’s parent Proton has unveiled a Lotus Racing themed special edition of its relatively pedestrian Satria Neo R3 sports hatchback. R3 denotes the car’s status as a product of Proton’s R3 (Race Rally Research) motorsport division.
The Lotus Racing edition features a specially-tuned Öhlins coilover suspension along with revised gear ratios for the 5-speed manual transmission. Engine modifications increase power of the 1.6L Lotus-designed four-cylinder by 25 hp to 145 hp. 4-pot AP Racing calipers grip the fronts. A carbon fiber hood contributes to a total weight savings of 136 lbs below a standard Satria Neo. At 2535 lbs, the car should be fairly nimble. Just 25 units will be built.

To an extent, the Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing edition is like a modern day Talbot Lotus Sunbeam. A key difference however is the fact that most of the Satria Neo’s enhancements are the work of Proton R3, whereas the Sunbeam was improved by the Lotus team in Norfolk.

Is the Lotus branding a disgrace? Let us know in the comments.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

love that front end.. sorta reminds me of the Australian Ford Falcon front end
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I like the car, but don't think it deserves the Lotus name anywhere on it.