Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Possible Genesis Coupe Reality Show

Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Santa Fe GLS Limited

Right, so one of my wingmen owns a film production company and has been making corporate videos for a few years. He's also the guy that sold me my Santa Fe.

Long story short, and I can't get into any major details as yet since it isn't finalized, but....

We all know about the 3 Genesis Coupes that are going to the Auto Show... what most don't know is that when the show is done, 2 of them are being handed over to a race team and reworked to put out close 400HP, then raced on the Ontario/Quebec Circuits (Cayuga, Mosport, Calabogie, St. Eustache, etc.). They want to develop it into a tv show documenting the buildup similar to Street Tuner Challenge and they are pitching it to a network today. If the network picks up the show, my bud will be filming it!

I just talked to my bud and he has given me some inside information on the show. They are currently shopping for a network, but I can at least give you a few details.

For those that went to the Auto Show (in Toronto), the Genesis Coupe with the racing vinyls is indeed one of the cars they will be using, as is one of the others. The show is tentatively called "The Circuit", with the plot following the team as they rebuild, and enter the cars in the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship (CCTCC) race series.

One of the sponsors of the team is the Toronto Auto Dealers (TAD) Foundation, who has set up a pageholder site showing (very small) images of the car. The site also details that for evey lap the team makes during the series, money will be donated to the Trillium Gift of life Network, Sick Kids Hospital, and Ronald McDonald’s House, all of which are excellent causes. link: http://www.lapsforkids.ca/

I will also be given access in the near future to a teaser trailer for the show and have been given authority to post it here, torontohyundaiclub.com, and on Newtiburon.com [scratch NT.com, i registered, and it won't let me post, that and they have set up another forum called newgenesiscoupe.com, which is odd since it can't be the new genesis coupe, since it's the first...whatever. feel free to cross post if anyone here is a member]

As soon as I get the info, I'll be passing it on.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sounds great! Great cause. Update is asap.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Sick dude!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

sweeet
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

its not a reality show without Tila Tequila and Bret Michaels
Old 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Santa Fe GLS Limited

I actually shot these almost a month ago when I went out to the shop that was working on the cars, I just forgot to get them posted. The really tall dude in the leather jacket is my buddy who is producing/filming the show. They had just finished installing the rollcage in the first car and were getting ready to finish the strip-down of the second.

Cool thing is that the red one is actually a pre-production model which is why I took the shots of the VIN

Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

f***ing sweet doggie...i love seeing build's

keep us updated
Old 04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

holy heck, great pictures mang!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:53 PM