Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

New Nissan Gtr

Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Cry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently work at a Nissan dealership (apprentice) and we just got wind from Nissan Canada that their sending use 3 GTR's. We found this out last week in the morning, and managed to sell 2 by the afternoon and they havent even reached the dealership.

Some interesting things we were told were that the ECU is what nissan calls untuneable and good luck changing the stock turbochargers as they are integrated into the exhaust manifold. Also changing the stock wheels with aftermarkets will void the warrenty. If one plans on taking the car to the track Nissan will find out with the built in GPS and if it not a trakc the approve of they will put a rev limit on the car. It's insane how their going on with this car.

We all have to go for training for this car, (Service advisors, Service managers, Technicians, Apprentices, Salespeople and Salesmanager). Also when you go to buy one you can only deal with the Sales manager and for service only the service manager and the technician working on the cars.

We also found out they plan on releasing a Spec V version of the car with over 550hp.

Just some interestin stuff i was told from nissan canada that for those who are interested would want to know
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

All these things they say wont be possible will be figure out. All manufacturers want to limit modifications but its never going to happen. Whats the warranty anyway, like 20k miles? Who cares.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

the aftermarket will rule !
Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

why on earth would they do that?? a car is someone's property. the only restrictions on it should be state emissions and laws. now they want to control their cars? wtf?

i hate nissan, always have. rubbish cars, rubbish company.

datsuns were geat until they went out of business.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 AM

^^^ ignorant comment, think about all the crazy skylines, 240s, early 90s ser's, silvias and a bunch of other cars. the sr20 det is one of the most modified and sought after engines in the Nissan community and pushes great numbers.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats insane, there gonna piss people off so much that Nissan will have to back off.

Whats an approved track? I'm assuming they're going to void your warranty if you go to the track too?

F*ck a GTR, I'll take my gen coupe where the make encourages modification.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure I read that another problem with the GTR will be all that power but only available in Automatics. Manuals are desired by younger communities and the luxury is still in the automatic for older crowds cuz hell, why should they have to do something in the car.

And SR20 det's motors are so sought after because it's like a honda. Tons available and all bolt on parts. No work needed. They are great motors if you do the work but most people don't know how and want to buy them already built. It's so over played out and unoriginal. Originality. . . that is why you mod something right?!?! Just curious. My buddy has built 3 240's so far for anywhere from 1500-2500 bucks and resells them around 6g's. People will pay anything and all he does is rebuild the motor, replaces a few parts so it's ready for bigger boost and then sells it. Nothing repaired on the exteriors and they've had dents, ripped bumpers, torn interiors or cuts from someone prior trying to do something they didn't finish. He is amazed what people pay and they are fun to drive but once he made his first one, he can't stop selling these things for the couple days of work he puts into them and what people will pay.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^couldn't have said it better.

^^^ ignorant comment, think about all the crazy skylines, 240s, early 90s ser's, silvias and a bunch of other cars. the sr20 det is one of the most modified and sought after engines in the Nissan community and pushes great numbers.

you are 100% right. i forgot to mention i mean the newer nissan is crap. the older nissan is just fine. fing02.gif

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^you think anything that isnt a RD1 or english looks a crap.... thats what you say in ever thread that isnt about rd1's or fiats or some such thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I read in an article that the rev-limiter is there all the time; but the GPS system will detect if you go to an "approved" track and disable the rev-limiter. BUT you must then go and have a $1000 post-track check-up at the dealership or you lose your warranty (which is complete BS). I also read that this won't happen in the US, probably meaning that the rev-limiter will be on all the time.