Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

New Lamborghini Aventador

Old 03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default New Lamborghini Aventador

Pictures have been released.

Italian designs > All other designs

Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I love it, as I love almost every Lambo, but what makes this different from the others?

It seems like the exact same design, with a little different flare on the front bumper, and different tail lights. Same honeycomb look on the rear bumper
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Murcielago

Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I don't like it at all, or any Lamborghini beyond the original ones.

Lamborghini's designs are all political/financial influence under VW Group. Fitzgerald was hired without any formal design experience in 1999, and was recently fired. All of these projects revolve around inexperience.

Manfred Fitzgerald, Brand and Design Director at Lamborghini, has been asked to leave the company. It is presumed his role with the company's design aspects will likely be absorbed by current Audi Group Head of Design Wolfgang Egger.

Fitzgerald had been working at Lamborghini since 1999, shortly after the sports car maker was bought by parent company Volkswagen through Audi AG. Initially hired as marketing manager, Fitzgerald was subsequently appointed Brand and Design Director, even though he had no formal training in design.

They need to get some REAL designers, Italian born and bread. Not this half-hired propaganda made to replicate Italian identity.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

looks soo sexy... but not much different than previous designs imo..

i saw an orange murch yesterday, soooo pretty.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I think they're taking an "If it ain't broke don't fix it." approach to this design. Modern Lamborghinis are rolling works of art, even if HKC disagrees. I would love to drive this car even if it had a 10 second zero to 60 time. There are differences between this and previous Lambos, but yeah they're following their current design language very closely. At least they're not like Porsche, making the same car for half a century.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

I WANT!!! I WANT!!! I WANT!!!!! Hmmmm... now to figure out how to hussle enough to get one!! lol
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Porsche was also purchased by VW I fully agree with that they're making the same car for half a century... that's why they utterly failed.

I think the old Lambos are works of art because they were passionate. Real art comes from passion. Real artists worked their way up and got recognized, not the other way around. In this case with Fitzgerald, the other way around.