Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Neighborhood Vehicles

Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Definately it could look good if worked on properly with a little more care and love.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:50 PM

yup, nothing wrong with that Fiero..the wheels go pretty good with it.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Those two cars looked like they can't move without the rust chipping off everwhere. Those fiero things look fast tho, what are some stats?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

That fiero in my apartments is trash. Trust me. You should hear it run. Paint is the least of it's problems. It doesn't have headlights, at all...or an interior. From listening to his car it sounds like he has to power shift (i.e. the clutch does nothing you just slam the gear into place). And it's just a POS Fiero.

Not to clown on Fiero's...I love the damn little cars. Quick too. I like the fastback's (like the one I posted) and DESPISE the notchbacks. I've seen em with the back windows able to roll down like del slows.

Fiero's are mid-engine cars and pretty quick. I've never tuned one but I've driven them and they can accelerate like crazy. Handling is excellent too. Downside is that you can fit maybe two bags of groceries and a skateboard in the "trunk" (which is right next to the hot engine) and only two slim people can fit in the car comfortably (including driver).

Some will say Fiero's are known to "catch fire". I will say to you "READ THE MANUAL" Many fiero's did catch fire because they have a smaller oil capacity (and smaller oil resovoir) than regular cars. In the owner's manual it stated that you needed to change oil every 1500 miles not 3000+ like regular cars. Many owners did not and their cars caught fire. Too bad, but it gave them a bad name....that and the fact that it's a Pontiac.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

^ That's cool, I never knew that.

As for the "project car", a friend of mine had a fiero and was going to buy a kit off the net to make it look like a convertable ferrari, kit cost $4,000 I think. Through in the labour for paint and your looking at a ferrari kit car for about 7g's. Not bad in hind sight. Especially with what Pat was saying about the quickness of the fiero.