Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My Wifes 95 Pontiac Sunfire

Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I am not really fond of this car, but it runs pretty good.

Here is my problem, fairly simple, I just don't know the solution. Whenever you start the car, Check oil light comes on, turn car off, and restart it, check oil light don't come back on. You can drive for an hour, and it won't come back on.

I don't get it? I did some googling, and come up with replacing the oil sending unit. Got it replaced today ( along with a leaky exhaust ) but it didn't help with the issue. But no big loss, it only cost $5.99 from Autozone.

I don't know if it is something that could be doing harm to the engine, so I would like to find the root of the problem. My dad says not to worry about it, but if I have a check engine light or something on, I have to get rid of it, or it bugs the hell out of me. Even if it is something that is harmless.

So, with that said, any ideas?

BTW, oil levels good. Gets changed every 3k with Pennzoil 10W-30 High Mileage.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If you turn it on and just let it run does it stay on or go off after a few seconds?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

It will stay on.