Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My Soon To Be Daily Driver

Old 04-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to turn the Bimmer into something more hardcore and I am going to restore the Fiat..

So I decided to get something turbocharged with a hatchback.. not many of those around, but I will not keep you in suspense.

It's a Saab 900 SE Turbo. In the prerequisite black. Made in 1994, it only has 98,000 miles on it with a rebuilt Turbo.

And of course, the best part of the package.. the 2.0 Four with the Turbo. Cranking out all of 170hp.. but is easily upgraded!

And the best part.. I picked her up for $800. Needs a corner/turnsignal and a mirror due to kids vandalizing the car. It also needs new shocks, brakes, and I think the shift rod is bent as you cannot engage reverse. I will not know more until I get the car home and get under it.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

my friends dad had one that we would take out and mess with all the time when we were like 16. Saab's are good cars and the 900 is a pretty fun cruise. Good deal on it and good luck with it man!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

here used to be a few of those here, but you got an amazing deal. how much ponies?

but you're still keeping the beamer? every seen those saab parking garage drift videos? saabs are swedish so they are built for snow and salt. that's why they usually last so long and perform well. and they're the safest cars around. i actually liked that model year. the new ones are nice too.

this looks like a nice little project. even nicer if it were a convertible though wink1.gif
Old 04-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Cranking out all of 170hp.. but is easily upgraded!

HKC is reading challenged lmao.gif

Good stuff man, stock turbo's are fun to DD. Don't gotta worry about parts failing like an aftermarket turbo setup.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think hkc just wanted to know how many ponies he traded it for. Typically I call them bucks, but to each their own.

Cool car, I however am not much of a saab fan, but have fun!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

either way...

And the best part.. I picked her up for $800
Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

lmao.gif cant believe you wasted money on that.

i have a buddy who bought an 2004 saab scania (sp?) aka 9-5 since he bought it with low miles maybe 60k he thought he was buying a nice car. well since then he has replaced....

engine with in first 2 months
tranny withing 6 months
radiator blew after 8 months
now hes dealing with it breaking agin and i'm not even sure what is up this time.

needless to say he is pissed, and the guy who sold it to him................went out and bought 2006 3-series (this was back in 2007)
Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 PM

I would hate to think how your friend abused that car (or was abused before he got it) I do not care how cheaply made a car might be, destroying both an engine and transmission in such a short amount of time is unheard of in a car that is even remotely taken care of properly.

Granted. the 2004 was a compleatly "GM" saab. My 94 is the first of the GM saabs, but it still more saab than GM. It's Chassis is actually designed by Alfa is one of the better handling front wheel drive cars.

If I can keep a Fiat running for years on NO budget as a college student, a Saab should be no issue at all! Plus I always have the Bimmer to fall back on.. which is the whole point, to have two good working cars in case one goes down or I take one off the road to do some work.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't even have the car yet.. and I already got parts. And I have sold one too!

Got the mirror and turnsignal on the way and I bought something on ebay that makes the car look so much better. In 96 they got rid of the black panal between the taillights and added a red and clear filler that mimiced the taillights.

It fits my car.

with the black filler panal

And the red and clear panal that will be replacing it. I am also going to tint the clear parts of the taillights. I also already sold the black panal for more than I bought the new one for.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

no he didnt rag on his saab at all...its a saab its not even fast. infact it was the single worst car buy i have ever witnessed.

well that not true a buddy of mine bought a car and it broke the f*** down 3 miles down the road and the people wouldnt give him his money back. that was the worst car deal i've ever seen.