Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My New Ride :)

Old 07-11-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i know its definately fast, but how do you think it stacks up looks-wise against the tib? ive always thought those funky ass side-view mirrors almost ruin the whole car. i HATE them.

you definately picked a good one though, congrats.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i've seen some nice camaros around here mostly at the malls. i was getting my tires rotated in florida and hung around a red one parked next to me. the overall shape and size reminds me of the tiburon, like how the doors open and the hatch opens, frameless doors...etc. but the bad thing is (and someone will account me wrong) that the camaros were only facelifted in a span of 10 years. so the body is still from the early 90's and correct me if i'm wrong no projector lights. i don't think they have sunroofs other than t-tops. it's a neat machine. not too expensive. great power for the price and all. all the girls dig camaros. it's a very wide car and i'll bet that it sounds neat with the cat-back. i think the speed is what was the best deal on wheels for him.

but the reason i got a tiburon was to make the others look bad driving a Hyundai. the tiburon however, has some nice sleek body styling. it may be compact, but it looks like a heavenly ocean current carved it. the only problem is since OP is speed fan, with the same modifications i have in my car and the same amount of money, he will have one hella fast car. the aftermarket for tiburons is just not worth the effort and wait. i've been hooking up my tiburon for over 1 year though and it's just not finished to where i wanted it 1 year ago. if i owned an acura, toyota, or honda, i would have ordered every part the very same day i got the car. but i dislike those cars simply because they don't look like Porsches.

the problem with hooking up imports is that there are a lot of ricers out there. the fact is that street racing in general and toying around with tuned up cars on the streets has moved from being asian to being ghetto. there are a lot of stupid racers out there on the streets, ghetto punks thinking they're the sh*t thinking their cars are bullets trying to stand you off. then they just do some dumb crazy deadly sh*t. OP will no longer have that inclined reputation.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:25 PM

I like the mirrors, I think they look slick smile.gif

Thanks on good works HKC. I just want something to be in 13s and still be street drivable and reliable!

Thanks Redz. Everyone likes their own things. I love tibbies, but I was in love with vettes and Zs since I saw them when I came to US.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
And I've loved Vette's since the 80's.

Doesn't change the fact that your pics are too big.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:21 PM

I thought it didn't make any difference on new forums? Only my post is the one that's big, other posts are normal. If someone really want to look at the car then they'll scroll to the right.

Is it that big of a deal? Do you really want me to resize them?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:29 PM

it looks good
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Only reason it still matters is if you have typing with it. Then you have to scroll back and forth and back and forth to read.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:33 PM

blah... made into links...
Old 07-11-2005, 11:56 PM

how do you edit when its been past 10 minutes?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif awesome man!!!
good choice!
good car!!! hail.gif hail.gif hail.gif

Interesting what shot nitrous could be installed on that stock engine? Probably shave good time on 1/4 mile.