Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My Bfs New Car :) S2000

Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

It looks more like a miata than a del slo
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 AM

Yea i agree that it looks like a miata a little more. And it fo sho isnt anything like a del sol.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 AM

Yea i agree that it looks like a miata a little more. And it fo sho isnt anything like a del sol.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 PM

QUOTE (MK3Design @ Jan 31 2006, 07:07 PM)
dude, covertables are UGLY IMO.

Sometimes I think people forget who they are talking to...

That said, the S 2000 and the Miata both suffer from ugly soft tops. Just as Alfa Romeo and MG did. When they are up, rearward vision is severely compromised.

Not to toot the horn of my own spider. But back in 1967 when the first 124 spider rolled out of Pininfarina's plant.. they had one of the best convertable tops you could get. See the quarter windows behind the main side windows? Those are perminently attached to the convertable frame and come up and down the top, giving the car a light and airy look inside and out. Without them, inside would have been clausterphobic like on the alfa, mgb, miata, and even the S2000.

Trust me, I realise that convertable are not for everyone, only a small segment of the car buying population will ever purchase one. I do think though that everyone should drive one at least once.. preferably for a week. I used to drive my spiders with the top down all the time unless it was raining or snowing.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 PM

QUOTE (MK3Design @ Jan 31 2006, 07:07 PM)
dude, covertables are UGLY IMO.

Sometimes I think people forget who they are talking to...

That said, the S 2000 and the Miata both suffer from ugly soft tops. Just as Alfa Romeo and MG did. When they are up, rearward vision is severely compromised.

Not to toot the horn of my own spider. But back in 1967 when the first 124 spider rolled out of Pininfarina's plant.. they had one of the best convertable tops you could get. See the quarter windows behind the main side windows? Those are perminently attached to the convertable frame and come up and down the top, giving the car a light and airy look inside and out. Without them, inside would have been clausterphobic like on the alfa, mgb, miata, and even the S2000.

Trust me, I realise that convertable are not for everyone, only a small segment of the car buying population will ever purchase one. I do think though that everyone should drive one at least once.. preferably for a week. I used to drive my spiders with the top down all the time unless it was raining or snowing.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I don't mind convertibles but I prefer hard-tops.

For example, I would take a hard-top version of an F360 or F430 over it's soft-top equivalent any day of the week. I would take a Cayman over a Boxter, etc...

Having the top down also messes up your hair. lol. So the CF hard-top would be pretty cool fing02.gif

Back on topic, S2000s are sweet cars but take a bit to wind up IMO... Very cramped too (Can you tell that I'm jealous wink1.gif ).

Seriously though, a mate of mine back in Perth had one when they first came out & he nearly totalled it about a week after he got it... Very snappy steering, he reckoned.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 PM

I don't mind convertibles but I prefer hard-tops.

For example, I would take a hard-top version of an F360 or F430 over it's soft-top equivalent any day of the week. I would take a Cayman over a Boxter, etc...

Having the top down also messes up your hair. lol. So the CF hard-top would be pretty cool fing02.gif

Back on topic, S2000s are sweet cars but take a bit to wind up IMO... Very cramped too (Can you tell that I'm jealous wink1.gif ).

Seriously though, a mate of mine back in Perth had one when they first came out & he nearly totalled it about a week after he got it... Very snappy steering, he reckoned.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ if you're tall it'll mess up your hair but i've been in a convertible Solara and there's absolutely no turbulence in the cabin there... no matter how fast you're driving.

i hate the solaras though, big, ugly, unnecessary crap everywhere. but i guess it was meant for the average joe to think he's driving a good looking car... and there are a LOT of average joes here to buy those things.

i just say if you crank out $30,000 to get a bug looking Solara, there's plenty of other better faster real cars you can shell out that money for instead... personally it all depends on where you live. in florida sure you will have soft top convertibles. some infact look really cool like the ferrari 355 spider!! --although i like the hardtop i wouldn't mind a soft top.

a viper on the other hand, definitely a hardtop.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ if you're tall it'll mess up your hair but i've been in a convertible Solara and there's absolutely no turbulence in the cabin there... no matter how fast you're driving.

i hate the solaras though, big, ugly, unnecessary crap everywhere. but i guess it was meant for the average joe to think he's driving a good looking car... and there are a LOT of average joes here to buy those things.

i just say if you crank out $30,000 to get a bug looking Solara, there's plenty of other better faster real cars you can shell out that money for instead... personally it all depends on where you live. in florida sure you will have soft top convertibles. some infact look really cool like the ferrari 355 spider!! --although i like the hardtop i wouldn't mind a soft top.

a viper on the other hand, definitely a hardtop.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 PM

^ I was sorta kidding about the hair... I know most decent soft-tops these days have wind deflectors, at least as an optional extra wink1.gif