Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My 300zx Update

Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I know I haven't been around much, but that's because I've been busy building the Z and having some pretty good fun with it. I highly recommend a 87-89 turbo if you want to go fast for cheap. Seriously!
I've gotten a lot done since my last post. I think I left off getting the built motor running.
Since then I've installed some fans, intercooler, tranny swap, driveshaft, clutch, stereo, quick release, and a few other small items. Last week I went out to race and killed quite a few low 13 second cars. Mind you I'm only on the stock T3 turbo, intercooler, and boost controller for power upgrades. I wanted to see how I did on that basic setup. (PM me for the streetfire video)
This past weekend I installed the new Holset H1C turbo and Tial 44mm wastegate. I've gotten pretty good at welding as I needed to make the dump tubes and 3" downpipe. Now for the pics:

These pipes are welded together now. Far less couplers.

Turbo 71c, 30a, auto, and Drifeshaft Specialty 3" aluminum shaft:

NRG quick Release and steering wheel:

Pioneer 6000UB (ipod, usb, etc.) Made some aluminum console plates.

New Holset:

Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wow very cool bro, i've been intrested to see how this whole thing worked out. post some vids and more pics!!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

PM me for the vid.