Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My 2007 Tiburon Driving Experience

Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i was driving around the city with my gf when i decided to stop in @ the Hyundai dealership, and i just got my look @ the 2007 tiburon, and decided to take it for a test drive, here are my observations...
INITIAL:
-taillights
-clean interior
-6 speed tranny
-dual exhaust
-comfortable (front) seat

dislikes
-front end a little bland
-tri-post steering wheel
-waay too long throw in the clutch for my tastes
-engine bay looks like a plastic toy

I found the ride to be comfortable, although a little noisy @ highway speeds(way better than the RD's noise level though), however the response was good had more jump to it than the reviews online suggested, and I wasn't that hard on the car as it only had 45 kilometers(30 miles?) on it.. the interior seems a little more luxury than sporty, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. sound system was a nice touch, and the controls were decently laid out.. headroom was a little scarce, which surprised me since the car looked so much bigger than my RD. sunroof controls seemed a little odd compard to the RD as well.. the car didn't draw as much attention as would have thought, I think my stock rd drew only a few less double takes...
but with a little aftermarket this car could be a real head turner.
overall i liked the car, IMO it looks way better in real life than it does in pictures, and it seems to have a fair bit more pep to it than the rd2(although to be fair my car's been in the shop al winter so I'm not totally sure how it drove) but my gf is calling wink1.gif so maybe I'll do a more in depth writing later... everyone feel free to post what you thought of a test drive if you took it,
Old 04-13-2007, 04:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

That's about what my initial reaction was, but without anyone doing a double take... laugh.gif And unfortunately they didn't have a manual on the lot either.
My main issue was with visibility. I felt a little cramped in there, and as a result, I really couldn't see out too well.
But it did seem to go a little quicker than I expected for an auto. cool.gif
Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I like the blue LEDs in the 07. I also like the blue LCDs.

I don't like the body. I wish they'd make another RD.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:56 PM

I don't like the body. I wish they'd make another RD.
[/quote]

I completely agree, the rd's have a unique and awsome look, and now the new generations don't resemble the rd's at all
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

I like the lines on the car. There are lines on the RD that I like better, but still... I like it much more than the GK