Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Motor Trend Comparison - Mustang V-6 vs. Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs. Camaro RS vs. Challenger SE

Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Motor Trend Comparison - Mustang V-6 vs. Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs. Camaro RS vs. Challenger SE

Motor Trend Comparison - 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs 2010 Camaro RS vs 2010 Challenger SE

Hustlecars: Sans V-8 engines, These Pony Cars are Light on Muscle but Heavy on Hustle

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...r_se/index.html

1st place: Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track - The only one that looks and feels like a sports car. Surprise, we liked it best.

2nd place: Ford Mustang V-6 - New 3.7 is nearly as quick as last year's 4.6-liter V-8, and more fun to drive, too.

3rd place: Chevrolet Camaro RS - A quick coupe whose weight sacrifices fun and cartoonish cabin compromises comfort.

4th place: Dodge Challenger SE - A yacht trying to keep up with speedboats, but the ride and style are smooth.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hmm wonder how much hyundai paid motortread to make that happen

Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

No way would I take a genesis or a mustang over a camaro or challenger...just no way.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

You obviously care more about looks than driving. The Camaro and Challenger are heavy, slow turds. If you gave me one, I'd promptly trade it in for a Mustang or Genesis.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

After watching a Challenger SRT-8 drive autox I would never buy one. You could see the rear axle jumping front to back a TON under acceleration. It was downright scary. Not to mention that it was very slow around the course and a handfull to even get the slow time. And I LOVE how the Challenger looks. The V6 is slower than a V6 Tib, which doesn't set the bar that high.

The Camaro looks good but doesn't handle that well. Enough said.

The Mustang is actually very good. Looks good, and is fast in a straight line and around corners. Depending on what I wanted out of the car it's a good choice.

The Genesis Coupe looks great to me except for the front end. I would have to change that right away. I'm very impressed with the Track package's handling, especially on the R-Spec. I like the WAY the Gen goes around corners, regardless of whether it's the fastest or not. For my money nothing is more fun than the ability to get a bit of easily controlled oversteer. For me I would choose it based on the fun factor also. It's close to the Mustang performance wise but more fun.

If I could pick between a Genesis Coupe 3.8l Track or a Mustang GT 5.0 I would take the GT though. The Genesis really needs a 400+ horsepower option to be viable against the heavier hitters. My vote would be for a boosted V6. I don't really want V8 weight in the front end.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

Id rather have the Gen Coupe but I take the Mustang. You couldnt pay me to drive the Camaro or the Challenger, both are fugly.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hmm wonder how much hyundai paid motortread to make that happen

HAHA. my first thought! but hey, great if they can back it up good.

The Genesis Coupe looks great to me except for the front end. I would have to change that right away.

right awnnnnnnnn brotha. the front bumper looks like [enter word of choice here] on a stick. i saw a challenger forked on an exit ramp a few days ago. HMMMM i wonder whyyyyyyy.

let's not forget, the Genesis Coupe is the only one that can take 87 octane. The Mustang might be the overall best pick, but the Genesis Coupe makes the most sense and that wins it.