Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Long Search For A Car, And This Is What I Get

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Well I have been looking for a car for the last month and a half. I know everyone I talked to about it was tired of hearing me change what car I wanted every week lol. I really wanted a wrx, then I went to the 300zx tt or a skyline, something along those lines.

Well I took a completely different route and got my motorcycle license

I picked up a Kawasaki Ninja 250. Really wanted a ninja zx-6r but insurance in canada is insane, especially for new riders. Maybe next year T_T

Anyways it's the 2009 special edition, Lime with black and white paneling. I wanted the Black one for looks but I went for visibility instead. Just got it yesterday and within the first couple hours put 65km's on it so far.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Awesome man...i am leaning towards getting a ninja 250-r myself. Cool thing is they make a ton of cool aftermarket stuff for the new ninja 250-r, will help with the mod bug....haha.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 AM

VERY NICE.

It is the same bike my friend was inches away from getting but due to his credit history being too short and his parents not co-signing him he couldent.

You should look into getting those frame savers!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice man, my friend just got one of those in black last week... probably put the same amount of miles on it too lol.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

1) WTH is that on your car?

2) Reminds me of the time I raced (using that term VERY loosely, sorry moderators) a (Kawasaki?) street bike a loooong time ago. More of a demonstration of motorcycle acceleration than a race really. When I pulled up to a light driving my elantra, next to this dude at like midnight, he was blipping the throttle. I rev'd at him and we revved at each other back & forth for a few seconds & calmed down. Still the light was red. The light went green and I didn't even try to get any sort of torque up, just mashed the gas to make the car say "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH" (still had an autotragic back then, zero acceleration). The street tended uphill and I was a couple hundred feet down the road, maybe 20MPH, still almost lugging the engine. . . . then the sound I was waiting for, finally came:

waaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Dude went FLYING by me as I crested the hill. On a wheelie. I said to the empty car: "Yeah, that's about what I thought."

Moral of the story: If you want acceleration, nothing beats cutting a ton and a half of mass off your engine's load but keeping the same power output.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

nice...so what are you going to do with the tibs? and turbo kit?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:07 AM

The thing on the car is a plastic bag. I had it over the muffler on my bike because it sits up at a 45 degree angle basically becoming a rain catcher. I need to get a water proof cover.

The auto tib is probably going to a wrecker, and the 5spd will be my beater. Next summer I may still put the turbo on but It's up in the air right now. Just working on my bike skills and waiting for my insurance to go down so I can get the bike I really want.

The 2009 ninja 250 has about 32hp at 11,000 rpm. But it only weighs about 320lbs so it can still get up and go. I han't gone above 8k rpm because I'm doing the break in thing. Supposed to keep it under 4k for the firs 800km and 6k for the next 800km.... which is insane because in 6th gear at 100km/h it is at 8k. So to break it in I'm not babying it but not beating on it if that makes sense. Just riding it you could say.

Put 200km on it so far. Got caught out in the rain yesterday, wasn't too bad actually.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Riding in the rain is fine, especially on highways. Just be SUPER careful not to hit a stick or (worse) a turtle.

Also, when turning, remember that a pile of wet leaves or a manhole cover has the same amount of traction as smooth ice.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:33 PM

^^ Where the F are you hitting turtles at? lmao.gif
Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 PM

Put a good many more kilometers on the bike today. Getting a little more brave with it...... heh.

Kinda cool riding with friends and catching up with random people and riding along with them. Was going along side a chick on a honda 125 today. I thought a 250 was bare minimum crazy on a highway but to take a 125... that takes some courage.

We weren't on a highway but to put it in perspective a 125 probably has like 20hp lol. Can't wait for break in to be over so I can actually get on it and not shift every second to keep the rpms down T_T

Edit --> Correction: honda cbr 125 has 13hp at 10k rpm. Runs on 1 cylinder and weighs 280lbs