Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Little Weekend Project

Old 03-02-2008, 02:42 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After over a year of putting it off I finally got around to buying and putting on a new sprockets on my motorcycle.

Attachment 413
Farings off and ready to go. Its not easy using a car jack and stands on a motorcycle!

Attachment 414

Attachment 415
My dog watched me the whole time.

Attachment 416
An RK racing chain and sprocket kit. I kept it at the stock gearing because Ive had the thing for over 4 years, and I know if I went either -1 in the front or +3 in the back, it would feel funny even though I`d get a little more lower end.

Attachment 417
The rear tire was suprizingly easy to get off.

Attachment 418
New front sprocket.

Attachment 419
New rear sprocket.

Attachment 420
All put back together.

All I need to do now is grab the trailer from work and haul it down to the local honda shop and have the new chain staked on and I`m ready for spring!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice. Working with jack stands does look a little tricky...thats why I prefer a table....and a bike thats 1/5th the size....lol

But seriously. I've always loved crotch rockets hail.gif , but my physique only allows me to be comfortable on a Harley.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Yeah jack stands wasnt really what I wanted but all the bike shops around here wont get any rear stands till spring. But I made sure that it was very stable.

Ive drove a few harleys and didnt feel comfortable what so ever. Im 5'8" and 140lbs of skin and bones and my boots kept scraping the pavement on a turn.