Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Got A New Beater..

Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well my Tib is really out of service so its getting fixed back in NJ by my dad. While Im here in NY during school I needed a car, so my dad bought a car from his friend. Its a 95' Subaru Legacy L. AWD and ABS. 2.2L Boxer engine..135hp and 143tq. almost like a stock tib. Not the most beautiful looking car in the world but Id have to say it does look better then the Sentra we had. Heres a picture I took of it, obviously it was taken at night.

It runs really good. When I was driving back up here to NY, I was going down a hill on 80 W in NJ and it had been raining a short while before; well I was going about 65 and I think I hit the turn on there to fast and the car slid into the middle lane but amazingly I was able to swerve back into the right lane with ease and quickly. Its like the car almost pushed itself back to its original spot. Great handling. But in two or three months Im selling her and having my Tib again. smile.gif my dad bought a used Maxima so thatll be our spare car just in case something happens again.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM

Sweet deal! What's wrong with the Tib? The turbo stuff?

All you need now on the suburu are some gold rims. joke.gif Looks like it's in good shape and running well for a 95. I say... beat the crap out of her!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:45 PM

not a bad beater.. how many miles are on her?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yea the tibby is having some electronic problems and isnt running good so thats why I needed a beater. The Subaru has about 92k on it. Runs really good in and out of the snow; I cant complain. Not too bad looking either. I really love the AWD wink1.gif
Old 01-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nice beater! yeah it's too bad. we were just talking about the many hassles with having a turbo and pampering it. the turbo engines and electronics have got to be monitored enough to give you headaches and backaches. turbo cars shouldn't be everyday drivers. fortunately i have chosen just to do babe mods to the car so i can take it to school and back and work. i put on just about 100 miles on it every time i drive it.

i wish i had a beater but i also wish i had a garage to keep the tiburon in. i figure live your life and enjoy your posessions to the fulles 'cause you certainly 'aint taking them along with you in the end. sad.gif

good luck in that snow. wish your tib well.