Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Gen 2 Eclipse's..

Old 05-11-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

"it'll be a sleeper, i'm not telling u what's under the hood", but i know it's just an intake/headers. lol, this summer after i make some more money i can't wait to beat him..i hope i can anyway, ha
Old 05-12-2005, 12:14 AM

Your auto tib with CAI will be in low 17s... So, I don't think you have a chance against him.

Does he drive manual? Then you are even more screwed!

If you will race please do it on a closed course.

Moving to "other vehicles"
Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah... the auto GS/RS are slow... I pull on them hard with the Tib. There is a manual with an intake and full exhaust and we're dead even... he can't drive at all though.

The K20A and the Beta are very similar engines. Mod for mod, they will stay about the same.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:09 AM

I hate it when insecure people have to lie to make themeselves or their car sound better. OP has a point, he may or may not be able to take you depending if he has a 5 speed and what kind of driver you guys are.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

whyd you edit my post? lol?

i was more looking for an answer like ham's, how the beta and k20a will be virtually the same mod for mod, i just wanted to know how responsive their eclipse motors wil be to bolt-ons, as compared to the beta.
im pretty sure his is a manual, but i doubt he's very good at driving it yet, he's been driving a pontiac (auto) his whole life until now.
i also just wanted to know how close the cars are now, as he is always dissing on tibs..i would respect him if he had gotten the GSX (ive always loved those cars) but..

yes, we race on a closed course track lol.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 09:25 AM

Sorry dude, I did it by accident. I was trying to respond about your friend lying to make his car sound better . I think I screwed up your post..you can always use the edit button to repost what you originally said.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:18 PM

QUOTE (zoned019 @ May 12 2005, 10:22 AM)
whyd you edit my post? lol?

i was more looking for an answer like ham's, how the beta and k20a will be virtually the same mod for mod, i just wanted to know how responsive their eclipse motors wil be to bolt-ons, as compared to the beta.
im pretty sure his is a manual, but i doubt he's very good at driving it yet, he's been driving a pontiac (auto) his whole life until now.
i also just wanted to know how close the cars are now, as he is always dissing on tibs..i would respect him if he had gotten the GSX (ive always loved those cars) but..

yes, we race on a closed course track lol.gif

As I stated before your auto tib with CAI doesn't have a chance. With I/H/E you will be in mid 16, when his car stock is in low 16s....
Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ May 12 2005, 06:18 PM)
As I stated before your auto tib with CAI doesn't have a chance. With I/H/E you will be in mid 16, when his car stock is in low 16s....

*EDIT* i thought a stock 2G eclipse was in the the high 16's

also im sorry maybe i didnt see you mention this but is his eclipse and Rs or Gs? and is it manual?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not too much difference between them... sure the GS (I think thats the one with more options... don't pay attention to N/A eclipses LOL) comes with a little more weight, but its not a large difference.

And we'll assume its a manual, so its probably a flat 16 second car. Drop some weight, and get I/H/E and you might stand a chance in a race... possibly.